Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Making My Own Video Game

Default Making My Own Video Game

I am currently in early development stages of making my own game using Unity. I am working with a couple of friends, and finally decided to more publicly release the news.

I am not very proficient with Javascript, so if anyone can help me, I am glad for any help related.

The game will be a game similar to Tank Trouble but in a 3D environment.

The Idea came to me while playing in school with a friend (Notice the .ru link, it was accessible in school behind the filter.)

I am in very very early stages of development, mostly dealing with basic structure of the game.

I will be releasing it under the Steamworks distribution system for various reasons.

I am not entirely sure on a price point, but it won't be free, nor will it be fifty bucks.

I hope to get some feedback on some of the material I have released so far.

I look forward to seeing the work in progress! Good luck! And Steamworks is a great idea, how much does it cost a developer to use it?

According to Vavle's website, nothing.

More info.

The game will be Closed Source, due to the nature of the game.

It will have online multiplayer similar to the way Terraria and Minecraft work, where you enter the server's IP address.

It will have an in game store with microtransactions to get things that will help you get better, such as a "focus mode" or just to be a noob, like a big freaking machine gun.

Best of luck to you!
    Ide offer my assistance but my proficiency is only really relative to ArcScript >.< most my projects get scraped anyway though.
    I really don't have much to say except the obvious include leader boards and such for it though, I don't really see a clear image in my head of it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentWhisper View Post
    Best of luck to you!
    Ide offer my assistance but my proficiency is only really relative to ArcScript >.< most my projects get scraped anyway though.
    I really don't have much to say except the obvious include leader boards and such for it though, I don't really see a clear image in my head of it yet.
    Until now, I never thought of a leader-board, that would be a great idea. If you want, I can add you to the "special thanks" area of the credits.

Silent is my Whisper <>.<>
    Lol, I don't mind either way.
    So this will basically be a 3D shooter kinda like Twisted Metal with Mazes? Lol, I like that idea actually x)
    Ill try to draft more ideas if at all possible.

have you got a soundtrack idea in the pipline, if not i could give it a go (just say what style you want)

I have a friend who is willing to get a cut of the profits if he does the music and sound effects.

And, Silent, yeah, it is kinda like Twisted Metal with more mazes, but we are also going to have open maps, maps with crazy obstacles such as lava pits and electric spikes and stuff.

As for more info, I can't release much more than This combined with This

Sounds awesome, can't wait for it to come out!

If you need a beta tester.........hehe...

Quote Originally Posted by Col View Post
    Sounds awesome, can't wait for it to come out!

If you need a beta tester.........hehe...
    You are entered in the lotto of beta testers. I am only going to need around 8-10 people to test it, and 4 slots are taken already, so chances are slim.