Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I must be doing it wrong.

Default I must be doing it wrong.

Okay, so I've been using Dry 24/7s for a while now, and I notice there's the white tab and the blue tab.... and they're attached to begin with, but for some reason they're able to be separated. What's up with that? Clearly I'm doing something wrong with a function of the diaper beyond wearing it. :P Any help?

I haven't tried Dry 24/7s but if they're anything like Abenas, the tapes are like that so you can remove them without tearing holes in the diaper.

" Adjustable tabs" that's what they call them

They are there in case you need to refasten. When I put them on myself I like to unfasten/refasten the tabs tighter so they are nice and very snug.

I like to refer to those as "second chance tapes". When first padding up, peel back the blue part, it'll come with the white. Stick down the blue. If you need to adjust the tape, peel the white away from the blue. (the blue will be impossible to remove from where you stuck it) Then put the white in a different place. But you won't be able to move the white one again.

I've found the pull tab end of the blue one can get in the way when trying to tighten up the tapes just a little, I have to fold it back to get it out of the way because it doesn't do any good to try to stick to the tab as it is.

I hate sticky tapes - they always get stuck in the wrong place - If you find them confusing things like the Tena Flex diapers that rely on "velcro" type fasteners are completelt adjustable and so it is very easy to refix them if you need more snugness- or they become heavy after you pee in them.

Bouncing off what the dayannight said, if you want to go above Tena in absorbancy I've become imparital to Active Ultra Plus and Bambino sells them now. They're like bambinos (or a bit more) but with velcro. They're my staple diaper.

Quote Originally Posted by dayannight View Post
    I hate sticky tapes - they always get stuck in the wrong place
    After awhile you learn where the tapes need to go and can get it right every time with little effort. Just takes a little while is all.

I must be a slow learner - but my greatest dislike are thetapes that "migrate" from the landing zone and end up sticking to me - that is what i was really referring to above.

Quote Originally Posted by dayannight View Post
    I must be a slow learner - but my greatest dislike are thetapes that "migrate" from the landing zone and end up sticking to me - that is what i was really referring to above.
    sounds like you use low quality diapers.

Get Abena x-plus (i use small), as their absorbency is amazing and the tapes are strong! if you rub them for about 10 seconds to warm the glue properly. any abena abriform is just a great diaper.