Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Man dies after falling out of stands at Rangers game

Default Man dies after falling out of stands at Rangers game

The article:
    Man dies after falling out of stands at Rangers game - Big League Stew - MLB*Blog - Yahoo! Sports
    A man died after falling from trying to catch a foul ball at a Texas Rangers game. His son even saw him die. My heart goes out to him and his family.
    R.I.P. Shannon Stone.

Last edited by BandNerd; 09-Jul-2011 at 05:58. Reason: video issues

Oh mother shit...

It really makes you consider the fact that life could end any second. Even when you're having fun.

: o.

and the kid... saw it too...
    damn.

and josh threw the ball out there. it wasn't a foul or anything it wasn't even necessary for that to happen. so you know he feels like shit too :/.
    double damn.
    Last edited by zultan; 09-Jul-2011 at 07:09. Reason: :o is different than : o

I read that on Yahoo and I can say I cried... poor kid.

>.> So apparently the family asked ABC to remove the video from the internet... come on family... sue ABC for everything XD

Quote Originally Posted by PrettyFox View Post
    >.> So apparently the family asked ABC to remove the video from the internet... come on family... sue ABC for everything XD
    By purchassing that kind of tickets, you essentially sing a releash allowing you to be filmed and for said footage to be used comertially. Unforrunetly you cannot sue a corporation for being heartless :<

Sent from my iPhone

Well, the Rangers have asked the media not to keep showing the footage, but you can't do anything once it's on YouTube. I watched Nolan Ryan's press conference yesterday and he had told the media, the decent thing to do was to not show the footage as it is traumatic to the kid. I feel bad for the kid, and the family involved.

The Rangers are doing what they can to help the family through this, which is a good thing.

WildThing121675

Quote Originally Posted by Near View Post
    By purchassing that kind of tickets, you essentially sing a releash allowing you to be filmed and for said footage to be used comertially. Unforrunetly you cannot sue a corporation for being heartless :<

Sent from my iPhone

This is true. For instance if your at a theme park such as six flags and the roller coaster your on horribly derails, Six Flags can post that video all they want, anywhere they want. Since if you buy tickets you agree they have a right to record you and use the image/video without compansation or notification.

Now on the other hand I don't think they would release a video of their own rides suffering a major fatal flaw.

Edit: a army veteran who got both his legs mostly blown off rode a superman themed lap bar only rollercoaster. Since he did not have a lap the ride's restraint system would of never worked for him so he flew out of the seat on the first turn. This guy clearly didn't understand physics and g-forces.
    Last edited by Fire2box; 10-Jul-2011 at 18:44.

I've been filmed at events, once in '88 my mom and sisters saw me and my dad on TV at a nationally televised Indians/Red Sox game; October 1, 1988- and I was at Saturday Night's Main Event in Detroit back on March 18, 2006 and I was on NBC four times- They can film you and show you if they want to. Still, I think showing this footage all over is not too good for the family involved.

My heart goes out to the family and to Josh Hamilton of the Rangers, I know he feels bad about it. I saw an interview with him on TV, and he looked in shock over it all.

It goes for any place you go, amusement parks, ballparks, things can happen to you.

WildThing121675