Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Modern High Chair

Default Modern High Chair

So I know we have all talked about the wooden high chairs and whatnot and how they can be made, but I've got a new riddle for you all. I'm not really into the wooden high chair thing, idk why, I just don't dig em. I think it's because while i was growing up highchairs weren't made like that anymore. Anyway, does anyone have any ideas of how to modify/create or of a highchair that is more of the modern style that will fit an adult/small adult? I know there are special needs things out there, but they all look very "institutional" and not to mention the $$$$$ those things cost. So anyway, I'm curious to hear what others think.

alu

Without paying the price your not going to be able to get a more modern AB highchair. Making a more old style high chair will be a easyer and cheaper solution but its not what your looking for.

Scootalooo

Quote Originally Posted by wheelman21 View Post
    So I know we have all talked about the wooden high chairs and whatnot and how they can be made, but I've got a new riddle for you all. I'm not really into the wooden high chair thing, idk why, I just don't dig em. I think it's because while i was growing up highchairs weren't made like that anymore. Anyway, does anyone have any ideas of how to modify/create or of a highchair that is more of the modern style that will fit an adult/small adult? I know there are special needs things out there, but they all look very "institutional" and not to mention the $$$$$ those things cost. So anyway, I'm curious to hear what others think.
    The modern ones are cuter, don't think you can buy them though. maybe make one your self somehow

Learn how to weld ;p

Dunno how you'd make the plastic bits.. but a metal chair frame is definitely in the "not impossible at home" range. Some metal tubing and a (manual) pipe bender should do you.

Personally I made my own high chair out of wood. It's not really in the traditional style.. very box like.. and was built more to be rock solid than to look authentic. 4x4's make up the legs and arms/back (solid pieces) with 2x4 and ladder-frame type construction on the back and seat, topped with plywood, foam, and some _really_ bad upholstery work. Back tilts slightly back for comfort. Look wise it's ok, but the real plus is strength. I'm into the whole bondage/humiliation thing.. and you can squirm and struggle in this thing all you want without fear of it breaking/tipping over.

Quote Originally Posted by BoundCoder View Post
    Learn how to weld ;p

Dunno how you'd make the plastic bits.. but a metal chair frame is definitely in the "not impossible at home" range. Some metal tubing and a (manual) pipe bender should do you.

Personally I made my own high chair out of wood. It's not really in the traditional style.. very box like.. and was built more to be rock solid than to look authentic. 4x4's make up the legs and arms/back (solid pieces) with 2x4 and ladder-frame type construction on the back and seat, topped with plywood, foam, and some _really_ bad upholstery work. Back tilts slightly back for comfort. Look wise it's ok, but the real plus is strength. I'm into the whole bondage/humiliation thing.. and you can squirm and struggle in this thing all you want without fear of it breaking/tipping over.
    Dang that thing sounds like you'd need dynamite to break it! I can weld and bend tubing without a problem. I could probably make a folding mechanism easy, it's just the plastic part I don't know about. I'm thinking if you could find a plastic chair that was similar to a highchair seat, you cold mount it in between a frame. Or, you could also modify an actual high chair to make it wider and longer. Just a thought.

If you know someone with a large enough vacuum-forming system, you could make the plastic parts out of that. Basically, take plastic sheets and heat them up so that it's fairly flexible, then put it over a mold which is on a platform connected to an air system that is connected to a very low pressure vessel of some sort. Pressure differential pulls the plastic down over the mold and it hardens. Not too difficult, thoughI imagine sourcing someone with a large enough system would be far more difficult than making the molds for it.

Well,,,

Build your own vacuum former...no questions...no looking...just bent plastic...

Make a good, cheap, upgradeable sheet plastic vacuum former

Or I've used shape lock for smaller plastic items

SHAPELOCK

Just a couple of ideas on making your dream a nightmare ok not really...I've been up for around 38-40 hours so I'm getting a bit...well...you know...brain dead...

B

Buy a gigantic injection mold?

Haha, really, I have no clue. I honestly don't think it's possible to get a scaled-up plastic highchair, as much as I'd love one.

That would be one of my dream, would also love a car seat and stroller too, cause I have a load of scenarios (fantaisy maybe a better term here) in my head where I'm diapered then stuck in a car seat or stroller for punishment or humiliation.

Scootalooo

Quote Originally Posted by CodyBaby View Post
    That would be one of my dream, would also love a car seat and stroller too, cause I have a load of scenarios (fantaisy maybe a better term here) in my head where I'm diapered then stuck in a car seat or stroller for punishment or humiliation.
    Dude me to, not for punishment or humiliation but I badly want a car seat