Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from the UK

Default Hello from the UK

Hi, well I'm definitely new to all this; not just this community, but being part of a forum at all! Just haven't really had the need to join one before.

So yeah, I'm UnknownRelevance, I'm 23 and from South of England in the UK. By trade I am a professional youth worker and I work to support and empower young people in our local community; through youth clubs, mentoring, schools work, summer trips and camps and supervising a team of volunteer helpers. I really love my job; it has it's challenges but it is also extremely rewarding.

Despite being from the UK I love Ice Hockey and wish we had more of it over here: the EIHL is great but can't match the NHL. Oh and I support the NY Rangers! =P I also enjoy movies, video games (3rd Person and Strategy) and hanging out with mates for nights in, at the pub or at Starbucks. That's when we're not at the cinema, bowling or paintballing =)

I've been a DL for as long as I can remember. First interest sparked at 8, brought my first nappies (drynights) at 15, told my mum 2 months later (shocked at first, came to understand a bit, treated as a "problem" to be "fixed") so I stopped. Then when I moved out a couple of years ago and got my own flat I started buying and wearing again on an occasional basis.
    I find my (emotional/psychological) need to wear nappies comes and goes in phases. Particularly if I'm going through a stressful time, I guess it takes me back to when I was at my safest and most care-free. Then at other times I just don't feel the need to wear them anymore, so I stop for a time but accept that I may want to again in the future, so I don't think it's the binge/purge cycle thing. It's like two months in nappies, two months being "grown-up", repeat.

So yeah, I guess that's me in a nutshell. I hope that's been informative and a good "First-Forum-Post-ever"?

Peace, UnknownRelevance

Hey and welcome to the forums!

Sounds like a very fun and rewarding job! Glad you enjoy it so much. Doesn't sound like binge/purge cycle to me either. Everyone uses things/regressing at their own rates! As long as you enjoy it and have fun, that's all that matters =)

What are some of your favorite video games anyways?

Enjoy the community!

Woohoo, England ftw hello from your Northern countryman

-G

Hi

Welcome and thanks for a great intro thread telling us a little about you, also hello from a fellow uk......member from the south.

Loopygone

Hello, welcome to the forums, always great to see nice, normal well adjusted UKers here, the rest of us are nutters, we need some people to balance out the numbers :O. *mutters something about southern fairies*

Quote Originally Posted by Loopy View Post
    Hello, welcome to the forums, always great to see nice, normal well adjusted UKers here, the rest of us are nutters, we need some people to balance out the numbers :O. *mutters something about southern fairies*
    Heheheh that reminds me Loopy when can I have my Tutu back

Quote Originally Posted by LobieVulpyn View Post
    What are some of your favorite video games anyways?
    Strategy faviourites on the PC would have to be: Company of Heroes, the old Sierra franchise (Pharaoh, Zeus, Ceaser and Emperor) and Emergency 4
    3rd Person on the 360 would be: Saboteur, Red Dead and LA Noire, not to mention Star Wars Battlefront 1 & 2 on the old PS2!
    =)

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! =D

---------- Post added at 22:31 ---------- Previous post was at 22:27 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Loopy View Post
    always great to see nice, normal well adjusted UKers here, the rest of us are nutters, we need some people to balance out the numbers :O. *mutters something about southern fairies*
    Haha! I'll do my best to bring balance but I can't promise anything =P

I love pharoah, glad to see I'm not the only one still playing it!

-G

Loopygone

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyAdam View Post
    Heheheh that reminds me Loopy when can I have my Tutu back
    That was a gift! :O :$

UnknownRelevance: have you played much Dawn of War? :3

Welcome mate, nice to see a member from south England... although I'm actually from the south west myself (ooh arr etc.)

Youth work sounds really fun! I did some placements when I worked in social services for a while, and it's so great seeing the difference that it made in young people's lives.

Ah another classic strategy fan I see. Company of Heroes is a nice choice; was a well decent RTS back in the good old days of some awesome LAN parties... just a pity I could never seem to win! Much preferred the old school C&C's and Warcraft 3 to be honest.

Well anyway I hope you enjoy your stay. Like yourself, I hardly bothered with forums before joining ADISC, but this has been the best so far. It has helped me in my journey of self discovery and acceptance.