Thread: Courgettes

Default Courgettes

(or for the US brethren, zucchini)

I have a good crop of courgettes at the moment. I've made ratatouille (yum), and courgette/potato cakes with feta cheese (also yum, but a lot of faffing around). Any favourite recipes you'd care to share?

Hugs

Artie

^ you grate the zucchinis?
    I'd imagine that would have a texture similar to grated coconut, but I have no idea how that would taste.
    I need to try that cake now!

Sometimes I just put salt on some raw zucchini slices. Yummy!

Quote Originally Posted by Col View Post
    ^ you grate the zucchinis?
    I'd imagine that would have a texture similar to grated coconut, but I have no idea how that would taste.
    I need to try that cake now!
    It actually ends up fairly similar to carrot cake once it cooks, absolutely delicious!

Update: what I've tried so far...

Soup: I found a recipe which involves courgettes, potatoes onion and stock cooked up together, then some small pieces of Brie (cheese) added and melted into the mixture and the whole thing blitzed. Not bad... a little bland, but better cooked cooled and reheated. I'm about to try tweaking the recipe by replacing the Brie with some feta and a good handful of chopped mint and thyme.

Courgette frittata tonight...

and I tried making baked courgette and potato cakes, again paired with feta and mint - Delia Smith's recipe. Tasty, but a lot of faff (allow a couple of hours to make them, and you're supposed to eat them hot too)

I will be completely honest. I thought this thread was about young girls who date younger guys. Cougar-ettes....

Sorry, i just had to post that. Because the thought really did come into my head.