Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What would happen if you wet a tempurpedic bed?

Default What would happen if you wet a tempurpedic bed?

Just wondering what would happen to the tempurpedic bed?

The same as any other bed. I only wet my bed once as a child, though.

You would have to throw it away, which is about the best thing you could do with one.

Honestly, I don't know... I have one, but never sleep on it. My cats love it, but I think it sucks.

Wait, that's like the foam bed right?

Probably nothing good, but not much different than a regular mattress. They're both practically sponges.

I have a foam mattress and I never want to find out. I don't think the mattress would necessarily be unusable, but I think it would be impossible to get the urine out 100%, and it might develop an unpleasant lingering smell.

I have my mattress covered with a waterproof bag (the bag zips shut, so the mattress is entirely enclosed), followed by an absorbent/waterproof Brolly Sheet. The Brolly Sheet is brilliant, because it is shorter than a regular waterproof sheet and much easier to wash if it gets wet: Brolly Sheets - water proof mattress protectors that are easy to use. Help with incontinence & bed wetting

Quote Originally Posted by Tygon View Post
    I have a foam mattress
    if that's what the OP is going on about, then,

Quote Originally Posted by Tygon View Post
    I think it would be impossible to get the urine out 100%, and it might develop an unpleasant lingering smell.
    definitely.
    a foam mattress is just a 6 foot sponge in a fancy suit [insert photo of latest publicly reviled politician].

i should think that the newer, cheaper, sprung mattresses would be easier to wash and rinse, with most of their support being by springs, rather than absorbing foam.

I think this was a good question. I have been wanting to get a new bed and don't know which one to really get because there are times that I have leaked and I don't want to ruin my new mattress. I don't like covering my bed with plastic because it gets hot and cold. I also don't like having to wash anything when I do leak so I have gone to sleeping on disposable pads that I can throw away if I leak. I would like to try one of the tempupedic beds, but like others have said, it is a large sponge and one thing my wife can't stand is urine smell so I don't think any type of foam beds or foam covers would work for me.

I would urge you to not find out and protect your matress in some way. IMO, some sort of waterproof sheet is an absolute must if you are going to wear diapers at night.

Personaly I like plastic sheets, but not everyone does. They are trivialy cheap to purchase, so you can always try them out (and see if they play nice on a foam matress). If they work well for you great, otherwise you'll have to look for other kinds of protection.

You do not want to get your matress wet, especially not a foam matress.

Sent from my iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by checkingoutall View Post
    I don't want to ruin my new mattress. I don't like covering my bed with plastic because it gets hot and cold.
    i've just got a new one and i've put a w/proof sheet onto the mattress, then i've got 2 quilted 'protectors' on that, then a flannel bedsheet and, finally, a viscose fleece blanket/throw.
    call me a princess, but i can still feel the springs. anyway, i've not sweated from the waterproof sheet; in fact, apart from the noise and a little bit of slipperiness, you wouldn't know.
    i don't like the disposable mats as they're sweaty and clingy (much like normal sheets). instead, i find a fleece to be much more comfortable (in summer and winter). i even use one to cover my pillow. they also seem to deter creepy-crawlies (sorry to mention politicians, again).

if you're after a foam or 'memory-foam' mattress cover, you can spend the ridiculous fortunes asked for in the shops or, if you know someone in manufacturing or transport, you could ask them to keep an eye out for some of the stuff: it's used for packaging all kinds of things, even beds and mattresses, and is usually binned. to be honest, though, i've 'rescued' a fair bit of the stuff and it isn't worth spending any money on - it's just a gimmick. i've binned all mine and only used a bit for Coco.