Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A way to stop the fetish?

Default A way to stop the fetish?

I was wondering if their is a way for a person who like diapers to stop liking them.Sorry if this is the wrong section

If your trying to stop, likeing diapers try to move on and get some other interest, that will take the place of a diaper fetish.

But I think you will come back to diapers, unless you find something thst takes your mind off diapers totaly.

Maybe sports or an activity you can do with other freinds, good luck if your trying to give the diapers up, I hope you find something that will help you.

Maybe an abuse of them could help stop the fetish.
    If you use them always could happen that you'll lose interest

Let's say, for example, that instead of diapers you wanted to stop liking... hamburgers (random thing).

There are several methods you can use:

1) overdose: eat too many of them you swear you don't want to see an hamburger anymore
    2) brainwashing: have an hypnotizer convince you that you hate them to death etc.. etc..
    3) mind association: associate hamburgers with something unpleasant (i.e. rotting corpses - random thing) so that when you think of hamburgers you think of rotting corpses and you can't eat hamburgers anymore.
    4).....
    5).....
    etc......

In the end, will you have stopped liking hamburgers? Well, IMHO, you'll only have found a coping method to avoid eating them, but deep in your soul you'll still like them.

And back to your original question, I bet you're gonna get mostly negative answers from people's direct experiences. I myself tried to stop about ten years ago... it lasted less than 6 months. You may say my will wasn't strong enough, but since diapers are not harmful to yourself nor to other people (unless you keep being around in stinky diapers...), which is the reason to damn yourself for a thing you like?

Life is hard enough because of all the things we don't like but we nonetheless have to bear... why not using the ones we do like to make it a bit more pleasant, instead of getting mad at ourselves for them?

Get your tubes tied.Btu that's going to the extream and is well kinda ****ed up way to quit. and not to mention dangerous.

If it is a fetish-sexual that is It would be hard to quit But if it is an interest it is all will just try.

Quote Originally Posted by vincentthethird View Post
    Get your tubes tied.Btu that's going to the extream and is well kinda ****ed up way to quit. and not to mention dangerous.
    Yeah, that's taking it to the extremes. And it's not even guaranteed to work either... especially if you like diapers and stuff for non-sexual reasons.

Short of performing a lobotomy there's nothing you can really do to cure yourself. Paraphilias all seem to be biologically rooted (though no one knows what the mechanism is yet) which is why mere behavior modification or psychotherapy does little to cure them. Such therapies may treat the condition by making urges less severe and teaching you how to avoid giving into them, but you'll still always have the urge to engage in the fetish.

Also, I'd have to warn against attempting satiation (engaging in the fetish as much as possible) as a way to get over it. While it can end up making you associate the fetish with boredom it won't get rid of the urges and could easily wind up making the fetish worse rather than better. To be honest you should probably just accept that you've got a fetish and will have it for the rest of your life. If you want to keep things down to a minimum the best thing to do is not escalate your fantasies. You'll want to, trust me, because eventually what you find really pleasurable now will get boring later and then you'll want to find something novel to get that same level of pleasure. But then that novelty gets old and you escalate again, and before you know it your fetish is even crazier than before or, worse, you've developed a new fetish.

Like I said earlier, this stuff is most likely due to some sort of biological predisposition. The frustrating thing is though that almost no one researches this kind of stuff in science. As a result we know next to nothing about how fetishes work, what causes them, much less how to cure or effectively treat them.

Quote Originally Posted by ShippoFox View Post
    Yeah, that's taking it to the extremes. And it's not even guaranteed to work either... especially if you like diapers and stuff for non-sexual reasons.
    It doesn't work period. Castration does get rid of your testosterone/progesterone supply but surprisingly people still have sexual urges even with their gender's sex hormone gone. Or at the very least people with paraphilias still experience paraphiliac urges. The only difference is that the urges won't come as often and are less intense.

you can cut your balls off, that will take that whole problem away.
    also try zapping yourself with something electric-y whenever you think of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ecto
    It doesn't work period. Castration does get rid of your testosterone/progesterone supply but surprisingly people still have sexual urges even with their gender's sex hormone gone. Or at the very least people with paraphilias still experience paraphiliac urges. The only difference is that the urges won't come as often and are less intense.
    Yeah, that's a more accurate way to say it. And it'd probably make it easier to "quit"... but it's just still not guaranteed.

Quote Originally Posted by babyemo View Post
    No, that's what we're saying. It wouldn't take the problem away. You'd have to do stuff to the brain, which is.... kinda a bad idea to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by babyemo View Post
    also try zapping yourself with something electric-y whenever you think of it.
    Yeah, probably not the best idea. If you really want to kick this whole thing, you're gonna have to seek professional psychotherapy which is going to be expensive and very intense, but will have the least risk and will probably have the best chance of "curing" the whole bit. Honestly, though, I'd just learn to live with yourself and be happy.