Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello There!

CharlieBear

Smile Hello There!

Hey everyone, I'm CharlieBear! (obviously hehe)

I was a little nervous joining the site at first but I'm sure I'll love it because from what I've seen everyone is very welcoming here.

I'm a TB but I'm not a DL - that's only because the last time I had nappies was when I was an actual baby -sadface- And although my username looks like it - I'm not a furry either. My username is CharlieBear because it's what all my best friends call me, hehe. :3

I'm still at school and I've just chosen my options, I chose: Music, Business Studies, Economics, French and History. I'm in a band but we're just starting out and I'm the lead singer, I also play keyboard and I'm learning guitar but I can't read Music and I've never had a Music lesson in my life.. I write my own stuff too - I've written 20 songs so far but there's only a few that are good :P Also, I write poetry, but silly rhyming poetry I don't like poems that don't rhyme haha

Another hobby I have is playing football, I used to play for my school team but I don't any more because there isn't a girls team for my year at school >< I think I might get one started up though cos it'd be great! I support Liverpool FC but we need to get better >_>

I'd love to make some friends who share the same interests as me really. Thanks everyone ;D

-CharlieBear

Hi there, welcome to the site!

Hopefully in time you'll be able to confirm if you are a DL - I'm making a large assumption that you are UK based (following your options at school and supporting Liverpool) - if so, Lidl have started selling adult nappies (there's a good discussion here - https://www.adisc.org/forum/diaper-t...highlight=lidl). They appear to be the only place in the UK atm selling suitable items (excluding baby nappies and medical stores). Of course, if you're not from the UK, there are plenty of discussions for other regions of the world (just not my forté!)

As an aside - CharlieBear is a great name, but I hope it's not one you use elsewhere or very frequently? Although Google appears to imply it's a respected teddy brand, there's a chance your profile may pop up in results too...

Good luck with your school choices, I did Business Studies at GCSE and AS-Level; I thoroughly enjoyed it, only dropped it at A-Level due to poor teaching... Oh, and definitely try to start a girls team - I'm sure you'll find plenty of willing members!

Anyway, again, welcome to the site - nice to meet you!

CharlieBear

Quote Originally Posted by eeyore View Post
    Hi there, welcome to the site!

Hopefully in time you'll be able to confirm if you are a DL - I'm making a large assumption that you are UK based (following your options at school and supporting Liverpool) - if so, Lidl have started selling adult nappies (there's a good discussion here - https://www.adisc.org/forum/diaper-t...highlight=lidl). They appear to be the only place in the UK atm selling suitable items (excluding baby nappies and medical stores). Of course, if you're not from the UK, there are plenty of discussions for other regions of the world (just not my forté!)

As an aside - CharlieBear is a great name, but I hope it's not one you use elsewhere or very frequently? Although Google appears to imply it's a respected teddy brand, there's a chance your profile may pop up in results too...

Good luck with your school choices, I did Business Studies at GCSE and AS-Level; I thoroughly enjoyed it, only dropped it at A-Level due to poor teaching... Oh, and definitely try to start a girls team - I'm sure you'll find plenty of willing members!

Anyway, again, welcome to the site - nice to meet you!
    Thank you for your reply and yes I am from the UK hehe, but not from Liverpool surprisingly :O

And about Lidl.. wow you know your stuff :P unfortunately I won't be able to get my hands on any nappies for a while :/ There's no Lidl around where I live AND I wouldn't be able to get them home without my Mum seeing anyway -sadface-

And in response to your comment about my username I don't use it on any other site and it's only my close friends that call me it and my aunty but then not very often. Usually only when I do something cute hehe :3

Also, I'm looking forward to my GCSEs next academic year - sounds like a lot of fun!

So yeah, thank you and nice to meet you too :-)

It's a shame you can't get easy access to any nappies - my other suggestion would be Drynites or large Pampers or Goodnites, as they are likely to fit a younger person and are easily accesible. However, you seem level headed enough to know it's generally not worth the risk with family around - I braved getting samples delivered twice in my 18 years living at home - got away with it once, almost caught the second - so didn't bother a third time! So it's very refreshing to see a younger member not posting the "how can I buy 100s of nappies and hide them then one day tell my parents" thread!

I've just graduated from Uni, finished GCSEs in 2005... seems like ages ago! But I still vaguely remember doing them, plus I have siblings doing GCSEs at the moment too - so if you need any advice let me know! It certainly is a lot more fun compared to year 9 and SATs - first chance you get to really be in charge of your education!

Good to hear re: username - always a risky choice with these sites! I am usually called my username by my family, but luckily it's not really that unique to identify me on here!

Hope you have a great time on here! Oh and if you don't mind me asking, is there a story behind your avatar?

alu

Welcome Charlie.Very nice intro.
    Im guessing your 13/14 Yo due to just picking options.
    Anyway can i ask what Genre of music do you like/play.
    Also im sure you'll find Friends on adisc in good time on here as its a very nice site with great people.
    Anyway welcome and feel free to post if you have any questions or need advice.
    Last of all Have fun =D

Welcome very good intro, you sound like you are pretty well on top of things. Liverpool is a decent bet and shouldn't break your heart... Lead singer in a girls' band? What are your influences?

I sometimes make the occasional poem but can't write lyrics unless they're someone else's but rewritten as a parody, Weird Yankovic-style. You sound like you can do lyrics and my hat's off to you. So much of their meaning is wrapped up in the interplay with the music and I am not a musician...

Friend-finding on Adisc? I have a formula. Compatible people, of a similar age or maturity, in comparable social situations and with common interests beyond the core interest. Strategies? Post lots to show who you are, read lots to zero in on people you will enjoy. Make and join groups of like-minded people, if there's no Liverpool FC fangroup we obviously need one (Which will cause the Man U or Man City supporters to make their own and so on... Imagine one day in the stands a bunch of abdl Liverpool fans sitting opposite a similar bunch of Man fans! Losers buy the winners milkshakes!)

Post things that show off your sense of humor, if you are serious or flippant, you know, aspects of your personality.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieBear View Post
    Also, I'm looking forward to my GCSEs next academic year - sounds like a lot of fun!
    Wouldn't say they were fun but work hard and they're doable.

Welcome to the site!

CharlieBear

Quote Originally Posted by eeyore View Post
    It's a shame you can't get easy access to any nappies - my other suggestion would be Drynites or large Pampers or Goodnites, as they are likely to fit a younger person and are easily accesible. However, you seem level headed enough to know it's generally not worth the risk with family around - I braved getting samples delivered twice in my 18 years living at home - got away with it once, almost caught the second - so didn't bother a third time! So it's very refreshing to see a younger member not posting the "how can I buy 100s of nappies and hide them then one day tell my parents" thread!

I've just graduated from Uni, finished GCSEs in 2005... seems like ages ago! But I still vaguely remember doing them, plus I have siblings doing GCSEs at the moment too - so if you need any advice let me know! It certainly is a lot more fun compared to year 9 and SATs - first chance you get to really be in charge of your education!

Good to hear re: username - always a risky choice with these sites! I am usually called my username by my family, but luckily it's not really that unique to identify me on here!

Hope you have a great time on here! Oh and if you don't mind me asking, is there a story behind your avatar?
    The story behind my avatar is quite simply just because owls are my favourite animal hehe :3

---------- Post added at 22:23 ---------- Previous post was at 22:21 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by alu View Post
    Welcome Charlie.Very nice intro.
    Im guessing your 13/14 Yo due to just picking options.
    Anyway can i ask what Genre of music do you like/play.
    Also im sure you'll find Friends on adisc in good time on here as its a very nice site with great people.
    Anyway welcome and feel free to post if you have any questions or need advice.
    Last of all Have fun =D
    First of all thank you hehe! Second of all yeah I'm 14 and I play indie/alternative stuff mainly but there's some others too :-) Third of all thank you again and I will

---------- Post added at 22:27 ---------- Previous post was at 22:23 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
    Welcome very good intro, you sound like you are pretty well on top of things. Liverpool is a decent bet and shouldn't break your heart... Lead singer in a girls' band? What are your influences?

I sometimes make the occasional poem but can't write lyrics unless they're someone else's but rewritten as a parody, Weird Yankovic-style. You sound like you can do lyrics and my hat's off to you. So much of their meaning is wrapped up in the interplay with the music and I am not a musician...

Friend-finding on Adisc? I have a formula. Compatible people, of a similar age or maturity, in comparable social situations and with common interests beyond the core interest. Strategies? Post lots to show who you are, read lots to zero in on people you will enjoy. Make and join groups of like-minded people, if there's no Liverpool FC fangroup we obviously need one (Which will cause the Man U or Man City supporters to make their own and so on... Imagine one day in the stands a bunch of abdl Liverpool fans sitting opposite a similar bunch of Man fans! Losers buy the winners milkshakes!)

Post things that show off your sense of humor, if you are serious or flippant, you know, aspects of your personality.
    Thank you for the hefty reply and the advice, I'm a newbie so I need it :P As for the band contrary to your first thought it isn't actually an all girls band, hehe, there's two girls and two boys. A drummer, a lead guitarist, a singer (me) and I'm the soon-to-be bassist! There's also a keyboard player, but I help out when she's not at practise :-) About the LFC group I will definitely look into that and if there isn't a group I will make one! Thank you for your response

---------- Post added at 22:27 ---------- Previous post was at 22:27 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by pajamakitten View Post
    Wouldn't say they were fun but work hard and they're doable.

Welcome to the site!
    Haha, well the subjects I chose sound fun to me :P and thank you :-)

Hello and welcome. Cool that you are in a band. Sadly I can't sing nor play any instruments, so you got my respect. :P May I ask what music you like to hear? Any favourite bands or genre?