Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: High performance diapers are pointless.

Default High performance diapers are pointless.

Since when were diapers supposed to last for 3 or more wettings? Babies go and then get changed promptly. Why do we run around in smelly diapers for 4+ hours? I have been wearing abena supers lately and have been running out of time. I have been disposing them only half full. The diapers I wore when I was a baby had to changed frequently and were thin.

alu

IC people do not normaly have the time to change when they want, this is dependent on what they are doing hence they make adult diapers that can take about 3+ wettings due to this they are bulkyer to handle more. Where baby diapers can be changed almost anytime the parents want to change them so the diapers will have less bulk and due to the size of the baby and their bladders and the amount they drink this means that they can have smaller and thinner diapers. Hope this helps

For bed wetters that wet a few times a night they allow them to sleep.

And the really thin diaper idea has really only been around since you were a baby. Now they have gotten to the point where night weight disposables are necessary because the regular ones just won't do.

Loopygone

Because I'm not a baby! Because apart from be an AB I'm not looking to recreate every single aspect of babyhood as authentically as possible! I happen to like sitting in a very squishy nappy, I enjoy it. Yes! I enjoy running around for 4 hours in a soggy nappy! :O

I don't see why you're getting angry (yes, the tone of your post seems angry and accusing). Why does it affect you? I happen to like extra thick "high performance" nappies for a number of reasons. They tend to be better quality, better tapes, better plastic, and thicker, I like thick nappies. I know real babies don't wear extra thick nappies that make them waddle, but I'm not a real baby.

Oh, and you can't remember the nappies your wore as a baby. No one can.

Butterfly Mage

I keep a small supply of super-absorbant diapers for the situations in which I cannot take the time to change. For example, if I take a 3-hour bus to NYC, changing a diaper in that itty bitty bus toilet would quite challenging. Likewise, I usually wear a more substantial diaper if I'm leading or attending a fairly long service (saying "oh, I have to break the circle so I can change" is something that won't cut it.)

Unless I wet before bed, I will typically change fairly soon after wetting, then jump in a shower to get clean. I don't like the smell of urine, and I have a pretty sensitive nose, so I generally don't want to wear a wet diaper for too long. The problem is I have a fairly large bladder - unless I've been drinking lots of fluids, I typically pee in the morning, then not again until the afternoon. So for me, there's little point in wearing a high performance diaper as I won't use it to it's full effect.

However, I am an ABDL - part of the experience for me is wearing a thick diaper. So while it could be argued I'd be better off wearing a less absorbent diaper and changing once I'd wet, this isn't catering to my ABDL side at all. Hence, why I can justify wearing high performance diapers. When I was a baby, I assume my parents wanted to avoid rashes, so changed as frequently as possible - they didn't put me in diapers to cater to a psychological need...

As a (most likely flawed) analogy - the speed limit on the UK roads is 70mph. So buying a car that can do 150mph is pointless - you'll never really use it that much, and it's an expensive purchase. But if I had the chance to own and drive a super car, I'd be in it like a shot! I don't *need* the extra power, but it is still much more appealing to me.

indybaby12

there's also those who are IC who maybe have to wear to work. Trying to change at work could be very embarrassing.

They make diapers that don't won't last a day. The tranquility line lasts around 3-4 wettings

To what everyone has said, which I quote for truth, I'll add that I never understood how it's possible to measure the capacity of diapers in "wettings".

Everyone of us wets in different amounts, even a single person doesn't always excrete the same quantity of pee. Some, like me, start wetting the exact instant they put a diaper on (in my case, even if I've just emptied my bladder!), and go on wetting continuously in small amounts.

Anyway, thick diapers exist for a matter of necessity for IC people in some situations, and some DLs (like me ) choose them because they like the thickness and squishiness of being around soaked. How the hell would I manage to go 16+ hours without changing otherwise?

Quote Originally Posted by Loopy View Post
    Because I'm not a baby! Because apart from be an AB I'm not looking to recreate every single aspect of babyhood as authentically as possible! I happen to like sitting in a very squishy nappy, I enjoy it. Yes! I enjoy running around for 4 hours in a soggy nappy! :O

I don't see why you're getting angry (yes, the tone of your post seems angry and accusing). Why does it affect you? I happen to like extra thick "high performance" nappies for a number of reasons. They tend to be better quality, better tapes, better plastic, and thicker, I like thick nappies. I know real babies don't wear extra thick nappies that make them waddle, but I'm not a real baby.

Oh, and you can't remember the nappies your wore as a baby. No one can.
    What he said is true, I like thick nappies and I love to be squishie
    And I do remember my toddler diapers I fitted them until I was 7 so I remember!

For those of us that are heavy wetters, we need a diaper that can withstand it. For instance, depending upon the day, I can take out an Abena X-Plus with two wettings. Most lesser diapers leak pretty much right away for me, to the point where some cannot hold one wetting, no matter how slowly or cautiously I let it out.

Besides, I enjoy my diapers thick and I enjoy them much more after they've been used at least once. I can afford good diapers, and I like good diapers, so I have no problem with wearing a diaper that can hold several wettings even if authentic babies wearing authentic baby diapers can't manage the same. After all, the A in AB is ADULT.