Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IC girls and boys, how do / did your parents manage diapers?

Question IC girls and boys, how do / did your parents manage diapers?

Hi,

I'm wondering how your parents manage diapers buying and "stocks".

Do/did you have to ask them to buy some new diapers when you are running out of them, or do they have a look at how many you used?

As I'm just slightly incontinent (partly because of weak bladder muscles), I've almost always worn diapers. But when I was around 10, I became a bit lazy because of them, as even when I was at home I didn't care and used my diaper all the time, and changed myself pretty often.
    When my mother asked to the doctor if it was normal that I didn't go anymore to the toilets, she discovered that I was indeed lazy some times and we (well, she) therefore established a rule that I would get in my shelf 21 diapers a week (adding them each saturday evening), which means an average of 3 a day, which would be totally sufficient.

If at the end of the week there were some extra diapers left, I got some extra pocket money and we moved the extra diapers to the reserve. The reserve was in my parents shelf and there was always an extra package there in case I asked for more diapers before the end of the week (meaning no one left in my shelf). In that case I got some some but had less pocket-money. And of course there was no way to get some diapers from the reserve without asking for it. If used them all the diapers in the week, I got the usual pocket money amount.

This was a way to be more autonomous and to encourage me to be more careful at the same time. We used this system quite a long time.

LittleDrummerGirl

Exclamation

Shouldn't this be in the IC forum?

I don't see anything wrong with having it here. But it could also exist in the IC forum. One might expect the OP posted it here to get more feedback on it than in the IC forum.

I'm afraid I'm not IC so I can't comment on the matter. It seems like a very good and reasonable system that your parents worked out though.

that seems like a really convenient and thought out system, would be nice to have a system like that here, but I'm not IC, just wet the bed, so sometimes I can get my mum to buy diapers, but most of the time I have to buy my own.
    Just out of curiosity, what brand did you (OP) use?

Quote Originally Posted by Mazza View Post
    that seems like a really convenient and thought out system, would be nice to have a system like that here, but I'm not IC, just wet the bed, so sometimes I can get my mum to buy diapers, but most of the time I have to buy my own.
    Just out of curiosity, what brand did you (OP) use?
    im the same way really but i am slightly/sporadically IC during the day but i still buy my own mostly

Quote Originally Posted by highschooltbdl View Post
    im the same way really but i am slightly/sporadically IC during the day but i still buy my own mostly
    what brand do you use? When i have enough moeny i buy abena abri-form (small x-plus, or medium super), and when money is low, drynites and pull ups.

Oh, I'm sorry, it's indeed more appropriate to have the thread in the incontinence forum. Thanks for having moved it.

To answer your question Mazza, I don't which brand we used when I was a kid. At some times later I know my mum bought me some Libero Junior and later then we moved to the Goodnites (Drynites here) as they are more convenient. And I still stick to theses ones.

What do you mean by "OP" ? (sorry for my poor English...)

Quote Originally Posted by Mickael75 View Post
    What do you mean by "OP" ? (sorry for my poor English...)
    OP is internet shorthand for Original Poster (aka the person who first posted the thread)

good nites are called drynites here in australia too, i have a pack in my underwear drawer

Quote Originally Posted by Mickael75 View Post
    Hi,

I'm wondering how your parents manage diapers buying and "stocks".

Do/did you have to ask them to buy some new diapers when you are running out of them, or do they have a look at how many you used?
    Hi Mickeal,

that's an interesting topic actually. I have hardly ever talked to other IC people before - barring the occasional discussion on IC support forums, but I never felt very much at ease there. It is as if there are too many "unwritten rules" and many (overly) sensitive issues that can hardly be brought up.

But anyhow ... by the time I could possibly start wondering about something logistic as "how the diaper stock was maintained" it was already clear that my IC was in any case not something that I had any influence over. So that's probably why we hadn't a system like that in place.