Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Messing them, just HOW unsanitary is it?

Default Messing them, just HOW unsanitary is it?

Ok, so I'm wondering just HOW completely unsanitary it is to mess in your diapers then sit in them for a few hours. I've never done this, and I only rarely wet, but I know some of you do this...

How bad is it?. Will it poison your skin?.

You'll get a diaper rash and believe me, it hurts! And yes it's also unsanitary but that diaper rash is enough evidence of that.

Darkfinn

Messing in them is fine... sitting in it for a few minutes... fine. Past that you are gonna get a rash... it's gonna hurt. Do it for too long and you can get a UTI... which will really be painful and may require a trip to the doctor... and how exactly are you going to explain that?

I messed a few times, it isn't for me, too much clean up, and the smell I could do without thank you.

You should try it once to get it out of your mind, but you can have the same experience useing oatmeal as a substitute with out the smell.

I have a very good delivery idea for the oatmeal if you would like to try it, I have used it and it works pretty good, you get a warm mushy mess in your diaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfinn View Post
    Do it for too long and you can get a UTI... which will really be painful and may require a trip to the doctor... and how exactly are you going to explain that?
    Been there! I got a UTI about three years ago out of NO WHERE. It wasn't too bad but I definitely couldn't pee and couldn't stand up straight (I was dehydrated). Had to go to a doctor and get antibiotics, and I was perfectly fine after that.

They wanted me to see a urologist to prevent any more UTIs (since boys don't typically get them). I knew that it was from possibly sitting in a messy diaper for too long or something like that... so I just didn't go to the urologist appointment.

Anyway. Yeah, point is: messing your diaper can be perfectly fine. You just can't sit in one for TOO TOO long. A few hours at most. Rashes suck, and anything that can happen after a rash is much worse.

I don't think it's as bad as everyone says. Remember that real babies do it, and they have much weaker immune systems than adults - and you don't see them dropping dead left and right because of it.
    If you desire to do it, aslong as you take the nessesary precautions to prevent a rash, and don't stay in it too too long, you should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfinn View Post
    Do it for too long and you can get a UTI... which will really be painful and may require a trip to the doctor... and how exactly are you going to explain that?
    You don't, you're not required to explain how you got a UTI to a doctor, its your body, just ask questions that you need to know in order to protect yourself from any rash.

It depends on the person...Some people could last a while with them, and if you do it all the time, you could immune to it some just like with anything...I would just wear it for hours out of nowhere though...Work up to it if you want to

How quickly you'll suffer rash can depend on the chemical makeup of the stools. If you have looser bowels from a virus or other reason, the waste can be more acidic and irritate your bottom much, much quicker. Using the case of real babies Tsendo mentioned, when ours had normal bowel movements their diaper could stay soiled for awhile, if it happened at an inconvenient time or place, without causing any rash. However, when they would have loose bowels from cutting teeth or being sick, you couldn't get the dirty diaper off fast enough to keep a rash from occuring. One suggestion - grease your bottom up with some type of diaper rash cream or ointment first when planning on messing your diaper, just for a little added protection if you plan on keeping it on for a short while.

~Pramrider

Quote Originally Posted by Tsendo View Post
    I don't think it's as bad as everyone says. Remember that real babies do it, and they have much weaker immune systems than adults - and you don't see them dropping dead left and right because of it.
    If you desire to do it, aslong as you take the nessesary precautions to prevent a rash, and don't stay in it too too long, you should be fine.
    Yes....but real babies don't sit in it for hours. Ask any parent, and they'll tell you as soon as they notice their kid needs a change, they get changed.