Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Again!?

Default Again!?

My dad screwed up his computer again.

You know, he never ceases to amaze me.

The problem,
    He was going to get his E-mail, and somehow manages to screw up Windows.

Even though, I put windows 7 on his computer, he still manages to screw it up, and I know it was him, because I never use that computer, nor does anyone else.

So now I need to get another copy of windows 7, because the one I had already installed on his was a single license, so now he needs to buy another copy, and I have to install it, not that that is hard or anything, it is just annoying because this isn't the first time he screwed up his computer.

Just pop the install disk into the computer. Install a brand new copy over the old one. No need for a new license.

If you need the key just call up windows say it was an OEM bought computer from a manufacture.

Only problem was that I used all three copies of the license for my gaming computer, my laptop, and his computer, and I tried going to Microsoft, and they said they couldn't do anything about it. I know they are bullshitting me, but for now he is using computers at the library to get his email and play farmville.

Other than that he is thrilled that he has to buy a new copy of Windows, after having to get a new processor.

Have you considered using drive imaging software like Symantec Ghost or Acronis Trueimage to make a "clean" full system backup of his boot drive? As long as the hardware doesn't change, you can restore an OS image as often as you like.

If the computer hasn't changed, you should be able to reinstall and activate Windows again. It is tied to a motherboard ID - so the licence is still valid on his PC.

All you have to do is tell Microsoft that you only have that copy of the License installed on ONE PC only...if it is anything other than enterprise each license is actually only licensed for ONE PC not three...that is why they are saying that...I have called numerous times and said One and they are like ok...here is your activation code....

I still can't believe he blew a processor playing Farmville. xD

Quote Originally Posted by baseballbrett06 View Post
    All you have to do is tell Microsoft that you only have that copy of the License installed on ONE PC only...if it is anything other than enterprise each license is actually only licensed for ONE PC not three...that is why they are saying that...I have called numerous times and said One and they are like ok...here is your activation code....
    What I had got was a family pack of 3 licenses. It has 3 unique license codes