Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Identity...

Default My Identity...

Does anyone else feel that they want an avatar that's just there's and there's alone? I feel like I want an identity, so I can be known on ADISC with that avatar. I just can't find the one avatar that suits me, as one could see, since I change the picture frequently. I would use my commission, but sadly, my anee-chan is in a bit of a rut with her artwork >.>

Anyway, back to my question: Do you want an avatar that reflects yourself? If you believe you have one already, how does it reflect you?

I'm not sure if my avatar reflects me or not, but I like this one enough that I think I'll keep it for a long long time. Unique? No. Awesome? Of course!

I'll change my name (thought up last minute, and I dislike it) before I change my pic.

Yes... Calvin & Hobbs is great! My avatar is my RL puppy, so I'd say it's pretty unique. :-)

I've had a Mew avatar since... forever. Although in my case sticking with the Mew wasn't something I planned to do, I just got PMs when I tried to change it to something else, and ended up growing attached to it myself. My current avatar is quite retro, it's one of the first Mew avatars I had back on TBDL.

I like Mew... its cute, unique, mysterious and powerful... all traits we all want to have.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie F View Post
    I've had a Mew avatar since... forever. Although in my case sticking with the Mew wasn't something I planned to do, I just got PMs when I tried to change it to something else, and ended up growing attached to it myself. My current avatar is quite retro, it's one of the first Mew avatars I had back on TBDL.

I like Mew... its cute, unique, mysterious and powerful... all traits we all want to have.
    I seem to remember a brief period when you changed your avatar to a non-Mew picture... and I was outraged. Heck, I don't even like Pokemon.

My current avatar, of course, is Dwight Schrute. For the longest time, I had a picture of a Thrashers logo with blue electricity in the background as my avatar; it suited me largely because I am an avid hockey player and fan. Briefly after the team moved to Winnipeg, I felt somewhat depressed, so I had a still from the film Dr. Strangelove of Major Kong riding a nuke down to Russia. (I'm half Russian.) I'm feeling mostly better now, so I changed it to my current one for a couple of reasons... one of which is that I'm a little bit like Dwight. I don't look anything like him and I have no aspirations to work for a paper company, but I'm pretty eccentric in a variety of ways and have had several friends jokingly liken me to him and call me Dwight occasionally... yet it isn't unique enough that anyone would be able to identify me here. Plus, he's hilarious.

I changed several times since I joined here but I finally settled with character of Ramona. I did designed & made the avatar myself though. It does reflect who I am and my LG side same time. The rainbow background represents my pride into LGBT community but it does show that I love beautiful days and seem to be so happy and peaceful, ya know. I think I will stick with that one for a while...hopefully! lol

i use me....or rather, my shadow. taken by my phone whilst at work, i spied myself cast against a doorway and had one of those 'woah! is that me?" moments (i often get that sense when i see myself in a photo). it sorta reminded me of the shadow bit in Peter Pan and that reminded me of previous comments by others in RL (something which i meant to respond to another thread, recently, but didn't).
    i guess, therefore, that my avatary pertinence may be unequalled.

i have been wondering about using a new one, though, lately. possibly this:

but it looks too messy, to me. the shadow profile is just simplistic beauty (not saying that i'm a beauty, i'm not).

I can only say two words about my Avatar...

Wishful
    Thinking

xD

hmmm...

well i don't think mine refelct who i am or even who i want to be, since it is a villan, but he is badass and i like it.

also, when i first chose my nick, wich i use all around the web, i needed it to be somethng i could connect to, was timeless and sounded cool.
    the connecting part: each year i go to france during the summer and in an arcade there, they have timecrisis 2. my faforite arcade game ever. and this guy hapens to be the schief antagonist of that game.
    timeless: can't explain that but i think it is.
    sound cool: hell yea it does

then i just made the caracter of who my nick was based on into my avatar.

Supersam1223

I'm not sure how well my avatar suits me, but after a while people will identify you by your avatar, so I won't be changing mine in the foreseeable future.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk