Thread: Itunes glitched?

Default Itunes glitched?

Alright I just re downloaded Itunes for Dr. Horribles sing-along-blog and it turned out that I have about 30 programs running all called AppleMoblieDevice that each are around 14.5k.

They are lagging my computer like crazy and it will take me forever to go through and end each one, what can I do to get rid of them? Is there some thing in Itunes I can do?

I ended everyone of them took me a while but I did it, hopefully they don't pop back up randomely which I believe they already did once.

Quote Originally Posted by Samaki View Post
    Alright I just re downloaded Itunes for Dr. Horribles sing-along-blog and it turned out that I have about 30 programs running all called AppleMoblieDevice that each are around 14.5k.

They are lagging my computer like crazy and it will take me forever to go through and end each one, what can I do to get rid of them? Is there some thing in Itunes I can do?

I ended everyone of them took me a while but I did it, hopefully they don't pop back up randomely which I believe they already did once.
    I would say its a virus

Seriously, people are way too quick to blame everything on viruses. It sounds like a bug in iTunes. I'd guess that that process is responsible for handling a connection to an iPod or similar, and for some reason it spawned a bunch of them. If it happens again I'd check if there's a newer version you can get.

On a side note, DRM = suck: DefectiveByDesign.org | The Campaign to Eliminate DRM

It sounds like it has something to do with an iPod or something like Chevre said.

Yeah it wasn't a virus, I ended all of them, now there are only like 2 running at once, one in the system the other in my account so everything I'm hoping is fixed.