Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Round pacifiers in a store/ Nuk 5

Default Round pacifiers in a store/ Nuk 5

I have always bought the flat/ orthodontic pacifiers because, until about a week ago, I thought they were the only kind.

I eventually want to get a Nuk 5, but until then I would like to get a cheap round one from the store (to save on shipping).

Anyone know of stores that carry round ones?

Also, the cheapest I've seen for a Nuk 5 is $17.75. Anyone know of any cheaper places?

id say that that is very cheap for a nuk 5, watch out though, a 5 can be a bit big for some people.

Unfortunately, Round pacifiers (as far as I know) are a bit of a rarity since orthodontic ones flood the market. Personally, I absolutely *love* round pacifiers compared to the orthodontic ones. Sadly, there isn't a "Nuk 5" version for round ones.

As for where to find them, well, best bet would be to shop around and look for them. Try looking for the "Tomee Tipee" brand, they're the only other well known brand I've seen that sells in the U.S. Other than that, well... just search around, you should find one eventually.

i vouch for that, tommee tippee value comforters are 'round teat/cherry teat', but are more a rounded off square in cross section

and kraiden, whats about the largest size we could find in normal places lke supermarkets and pharmacies? and btw is the '12-18 monts' size a NuK 3??

Quote Originally Posted by silent deadly alchemist View Post
    and kraiden, whats about the largest size we could find in normal places lke supermarkets and pharmacies? and btw is the '12-18 monts' size a NuK 3??
    Err, not too sure about the size categories for the Nuk pacifiers, but most pacifier brands "max out" sizes around the 12 month mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraiden View Post
    Unfortunately, Round pacifiers (as far as I know) are a bit of a rarity since orthodontic ones flood the market.
    Yes, back when our kids were babies in the mid/late '80s you could readily find round pacis in both latex and silicone. The silicone came with either hollow or solid core. I *think* we used round for both our kids. I remember once we switched to an orthodontic paci for our daughter and she didn't like it one bit! So we switched back to round ones. You have to do a bit of shopping around, but round ones can still be found, though usually in the smaller size. I do think the NUK 3 is labeled either 12+ months or 12 to 18 months from what I remember when I bought my last one.

~Pramrider

in the us Nuk 3's are the biggest ones you'll find in stores.
    some ab/dl site online carry the Nuk 5's but their about $13 to $20.00 plus shipping

So you can get Nuk 3's in stores?? = 0 Awesome.

I'll look for that brand, and search Wal-Mart/ Target and all the other places I go again. I have probably seen them, but since I wasn't looking for them, I didn't pay any mind. ^^

I've never seen a Nuk 5 in a store here in the UK - I think I'm right in saying that they were originally designed as a therapeutic aid in speech re-training for people who have, for whatever reason, suffered brain damage. So the shape is medically determined - round ones don't do the do. As for whether Nuk 5s are too big, I would be astonished to hear of an adult whose mouth was too small to deal with one. And lastly, as to the price - here in the UK I wouldn't expect to pay less than about 10, so $17.75 is a perfectly reasonable price. They're nice - they do deliver something better than the biggest child's pacifier - but personally I would like it if the teats were slightly stiffer. But hey!

Quote Originally Posted by RainbowMommy View Post
    I'll look for that brand, and search Wal-Mart/ Target and all the other places I go again.
    The Wal-Mart near us has NUK3s in a two pack, but some stores also sell them as singles.

~Pramrider