Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dealing with diapers and incontinence at the Water Park

MATTTYCO

Default Dealing with diapers and incontinence at the Water Park

One of my biggest pet peeves is having to change in public restrooms, or other places without privacy. Thank goodness for single stall restrooms and family changing rooms, they're a true blessing when available.
    I just hate the tell tale sounds of taping on a new diaper and having to carry out your used one in a mall or multi-stall restroom. Even doing a sit-down is hard without changing because of the crinkle sounds that seem to echo in the restroom.
    I usually just flush alot and try to sync the timing that I untape with other people flushing for the hand blowing dryer. What's your technique for ninja diaper changes?

Butterfly Mage

Waiting for the blow dryer is always a good idea. It's always a smart move to figure out where the trash can is too so that you aren't wandering around holding a used diaper.

I've had to change in enough public bathrooms that they don't really phase me anymore. Sure, its still a little bit of a rush/embarrassing, but every time i've had to change in public, its been because I didn't have much of a choice. Change, or leak. So, I just go in, take care of business as quickly as possible, and get out. No one has ever said anything, and I highly doubt any sane person every will. Plus, i've found the slower or quieter I try to be when tearing tapes, the louder they are.

I do try and find single bathrooms whenever possible...just easier that way. Never worn to a water park, but I have changed at amusement parks before. Amusement parks are fine...tons of background noise to cover up every crinkle and tear.

Had an interesting little experience in a pubic bathroom a few weeks ago..
    Was on a road trip with my boyfriend and needed a change pretty badly. Went into a fast food restaurant...bathroom had one stall and one urinal. Restaurant was pretty empty and no-one was in the bathroom so I went into the stall and got to work. Was out of the wet diaper and into a dry one relatively quickly, 4-5 minutes tops. As soon as I opened the stall door though, this 30-something guy was just standing there leaning against the wall waiting to use the stall. He completely took me by surprise...made me jump! Didn't hear the door open at all, so I made no attempt at being discrete. He just smiled and went into the stall, as I walked right past him with my wet diaper in hand, slight powdery scent and all. Was pretty embarrassed at the time, didn't stick around to eat at that restaurant..haha. But, i'll never see that guy again, so in the grand scheme of things.. :/

my technique if i were to go out in public is the same as buying diapers in the first place. nobody cares, nobody is generally listening and frankly, anybody who is listening is not going to recognise by a couple of little crinkles that "oh that guy in there's wearing a diaper" unless they're a diaper lover themselves.

One trick I learned was as a result of discovering a reoccurring trend at my high school. One day on a particular floor I noticed the trash can always seemed to be on the far wall near the toilet stall. I didn't think anything of it until the day that I decided to wear and it dawned on me, "wow that was convenient" but as I moved to throw it away I noticed that there was in fact another diaper already in there.

To this day I've always wondered if the person that did it is here on this board because of alluded details in various posts I've seen before I joined (curriculum details, and same state, 'shrugs'. But oddly enough I can't find them anymore, this was 3+ years ago) and because when I finally ID'ed the diaper it is a uncommon (high absorbency) brand for someone that 'needs' one. Not to mention if it was medical need why wouldn't he have used the nurse's office, 'shrugs' anyways, off of this tangent...

All in all the lesson learned, if you can move the trash can so you don't have to make that "sprint to the finish" after you finish in the stall I'd say go for it. Heck, lob it out of the stall door :p . I mean think about it outside of your own context when you walk in to a bathroom. Do you check where the trashcan is and freak out when it isn't in it's "proper" place?

Edit:
    Of course if you do lob it...I'd be against doing it if someone else is there. But for your own sanity, I remember how heart pounding it can be to be worrying someone is going to walk in before you make it to the trash.

I have yet to wear in public but I plan on at least trying it one day... probably if I go see the new Harry Potter in theaters :P

I think anyone would rather listen to the sounds of a diaper change over the normal bathroom sounds any day! Seriously, what would bother you more, the sound of a diaper, or someone taking a crap? Its not really the place were people are trying to listen/eavesdrop on whats going on!

I have changed my diaper in many a public restrooms, from malls to asmusement parks to doctors offices to fast food joints. Never once gave it much thought about someone finding out I was changeing my diaper. Had many different times someone would walk in and notice, say nothing and go about their own bussiness. Only once did I ever have some one asked if needed any help and that was only due to the fact I had a bad arm and it was in a sling. I said thanks but I could manage by myself and continued to go about changeing my diaper.

I think everyones biggest fear is they might get caught by someone that they actually know and have to explain why they are changeing a wet or messy diaper in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    One trick I learned was as a result of discovering a reoccurring trend at my high school. One day on a particular floor I noticed the trash can always seemed to be on the far wall near the toilet stall. I didn't think anything of it until the day that I decided to wear and it dawned on me, "wow that was convenient" but as I moved to throw it away I noticed that there was in fact another diaper already in there.

To this day I've always wondered if the person that did it is here on this board because of alluded details in various posts I've seen before I joined (curriculum details, and same state, 'shrugs'. But oddly enough I can't find them anymore, this was 3+ years ago) and because when I finally ID'ed the diaper it is a uncommon (high absorbency) brand for someone that 'needs' one. Not to mention if it was medical need why wouldn't he have used the nurse's office, 'shrugs' anyways, off of this tangent...

All in all the lesson learned, if you can move the trash can so you don't have to make that "sprint to the finish" after you finish in the stall I'd say go for it. Heck, lob it out of the stall door :p . I mean think about it outside of your own context when you walk in to a bathroom. Do you check where the trashcan is and freak out when it isn't in it's "proper" place?

Edit:
    Of course if you do lob it...I'd be against doing it if someone else is there. But for your own sanity, I remember how heart pounding it can be to be worrying someone is going to walk in before you make it to the trash.
    I swear if you tell anyone we know ill kill you! No I'm j/k it wasn't me. Be weird though! If I ever noticed that though I would be so determined to find out who it was, I would do a stake out in the bathroom. Though that could be awkward if they wore because they had to and weren't particularly fond of it. Be a fun little mission however

My ONLY experiance of Changing in a public bathroom was awful

I was going to visit family 2 hours away, But i Knew there would be traffic so i diapered up

3.5 hours later I get there, diaper is wet and I cant meet my family in a wet daipers so I go to change..

The only place I can find is a Grocery Store, with a single stall in the mens room.I knew it wasnt great but what Could I do?

So I go in, start doing my thing when some one walks in. Crap

I try to be slient for a few minuetes...then I realize. Hes waiting for the stall, and it was obvious what i was doing.

To make this long, embarrising story short, I finished asap, opened the door, walked past him no Eye contact and dumped the diaper in the trash. Got out of the store asap and drove off.

Worst experiance ever.