Thread: Diaper balls

Default Diaper balls

Has anybody every found a use for the absorbent stuff in diapers? How about for potting soil?

Supersam1223

Indeed I have, absorbing my pee. I'm not going to waste my diapers looking for alternative uses for the absorbent core of them.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Easier (and cheaper) ways to get SAP (super absorbent polymers) if you really have a use for them.

Never heard of them used in potting soil .. but I know they are used in spill containment, as fire protection, and a few other random uses.

Yes, I found a good use for it - an excuse! And I had to use it up, but it was good. My mom found my stash and I had it prepared - I was cutting them open to get the absorbent stuff inside. She actually helped me shred them up and sift out the SAP so that was pretty cool. I think she believed me.

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blanch View Post
    Yes, I found a good use for it - an excuse! And I had to use it up, but it was good. My mom found my stash and I had it prepared - I was cutting them open to get the absorbent stuff inside. She actually helped me shred them up and sift out the SAP so that was pretty cool. I think she believed me.
    You always amaze me!