Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any Tips To Quit Smoking

Default Any Tips To Quit Smoking

I have been trying to quit smoking, it's hard. It's just that everyone I know that has quit smoking complains about how bad it is to not be able to smoke. I've tried just having the ciggy in my mouth not lit, but it justs makes me want to light it. I've been trying to only smoke when I...to put it in a non-banable way; various illegal activities that I'm not promoting. Any tips?

I've done it twice and both times it was decideing to do it and just quitting. First I was 24 and they went to 70 cents a pack so I quit. Stoopidly I took it up again in my late 30s, a girl half my age got me smokeing again. Second time in my early 40s same thing I said to myself this is stoopid after George Harrisin died and havent lit up since. No games, patches, meds or other bull just quit! After about two weeks it gets a lot easier.

acorn

It is a recorded fact that I was once a ‘tobacco plantation owner’. You definitely would have never heard of me, as it was a very small plantation and never got to marketing my produce. So as you may understand, I have some experience in this field.You are smoking both pre-packaged cigarettes and hand rolled cigarettes. I can tell that you are still a light user as of yet as you have not found that you can use one to kill the cravings of the other. The danger for you is that if you give up pre-packaged and continue to smoke hand rolled, your dope habit could end up as heavy as both habits combined. If you go as far down this road as I did you will experience drug induced schizophrenia. It is not everybody that manages to climb out of that hole.

My advice is to go cold turkey on both, sounds rough, but would be easier in the long run. Your local General Practitioner should be of some help with nicotine replacement and any local services available, to help you quit.

I quit cold turkey as well. I was coughing my fool head off, and my wife said I should quit. I crumpled up the pack and never had another cigarette again. The trick is that you have to want to quit badly enough. If you really want to quit, you will.

FootieCookie

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFurCat View Post
    I have been trying to quit smoking, it's hard. It's just that everyone I know that has quit smoking complains about how bad it is to not be able to smoke. I've tried just having the ciggy in my mouth not lit, but it justs makes me want to light it. I've been trying to only smoke when I...to put it in a non-banable way; various illegal activities that I'm not promoting. Any tips?
    Seek your doctor and will provide medication plus patch at the same time while you are smoking until you will feeling becoming quit smoking for good. That the same for my husband done this thing. But, please do not craving junk food after you quit smoking. I advise you to get healthy food, excercises and walking.

Quote Originally Posted by acorn View Post
    It is a recorded fact that I was once a ‘tobacco plantation owner’. You definitely would have never heard of me, as it was a very small plantation and never got to marketing my produce. So as you may understand, I have some experience in this field.You are smoking both pre-packaged cigarettes and hand rolled cigarettes. I can tell that you are still a light user as of yet as you have not found that you can use one to kill the cravings of the other. The danger for you is that if you give up pre-packaged and continue to smoke hand rolled, your dope habit could end up as heavy as both habits combined. If you go as far down this road as I did you will experience drug induced schizophrenia. It is not everybody that manages to climb out of that hole.

My advice is to go cold turkey on both, sounds rough, but would be easier in the long run. Your local General Practitioner should be of some help with nicotine replacement and any local services available, to help you quit.
    I don't smoke hand rolled cigarettes everyday, pre-packaged cigarettes on the other hand are getting to me. I think I'm gonna go cold turkey.

I'm not in to the whole sucking pacifiers thing, and I don't like pills. BTW Jessi is that your dog in your avatar.