Thread: Hi! I'm new here. It's nice to meet you all.

Default Hi! I'm new here. It's nice to meet you all.

Hi! I am returning to the AB/DL community after being away several years, and am currently studying for the bar exam. I am a DL and somewhat interested in AB. I still have my baby blanket if that counts? Outside of law and diapers I like aviation. No, I am not a pilot, just fascinated by it. Also, I like to travel...alot. Some people buy things, I travel. I really enjoy exploring new places with a close friend or visiting places a second time and seeking out that cool spot that I missed the first time. I am also trying to learn to cook, but am having spotty success with that endeavor - I am really good at barbecue for some reason. Also, college football is kind of a religion for me, except my team (Michigan) stinks. I have been praying for a win over Ohio State for far too long.

I am here because I would like to talk with people who have similar interests. My interest in diapers is just a small part of me, but it is nice to be able to talk to someone who understands - someone you don't have to hide that part of your life from. With that said I hope to meet alot of you and lI ook forward to participating in the forums. Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceLoveLaw View Post
    Hi! I am returning to the AB/DL community after being away several years, and am currently studying for the bar exam. I am a DL and somewhat interested in AB. I still have my baby blanket if that counts? Outside of law and diapers I like aviation. No, I am not a pilot, just fascinated by it. Also, I like to travel...alot. Some people buy things, I travel. I really enjoy exploring new places with a close friend or visiting places a second time and seeking out that cool spot that I missed the first time. I am also trying to learn to cook, but am having spotty success with that endeavor - I am really good at barbecue for some reason. Also, college football is kind of a religion for me, except my team (Michigan) stinks. I have been praying for a win over Ohio State for far too long.

I am here because I would like to talk with people who have similar interests. My interest in diapers is just a small part of me, but it is nice to be able to talk to someone who understands - someone you don't have to hide that part of your life from. With that said I hope to meet alot of you and lI ook forward to participating in the forums. Cheers!
    Like me you are interested in travelling thats cool, where has been the best place you have been to, and where do you want to go the most?

Welcome to the site!

Welcome to our cool forum (cool if you think diapers are great). I am also a working professional with all the trappings that go with it - House/Mortgage, Car Loan, Credit Card Debt. I love to travel as well, though due to other circumstances, I don't get to often. What kind of travel do you like, within the States, International? What are some of your Fav places to go? Also, just curious, do you ever meet up with any diaper wearers when you travel?

Also, you mention you love aviation. After you pass the Bar exam and get that high paying Law practice, you should be able to afford to get your pilot's license. Is this something you have considered?

Hope to see you around and get to know you better.

Deke.

Thank you for the very generous welcome!

Most of my travels have been abroad in the past but with recent law school debt I am trying to rediscover parts of the States. One of my favorite places I have been is a small town high up in the Swiss Alps where the only running water was the same water the cows drank. The people were very friendly and they made great cheese. It was a trek to get there but truly beautiful. The next place I want to go is Cape Town, SA but I just spent all my money buying a ticket to Hawaii to celebrate after the bar. In my years of traveling I have never met up with any other diaper wearers. At one point about 8 years ago I was going to meet up with some AB/DLs in New York but I chickened out at the last minute.

Also, I have thought about trying to get my pilot's license and have a couple of friends who are pilots. I guess I just haven't found the time to do yet. Someday I will probably get it.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceLoveLaw View Post

Welcome to ADISC! ^_^ Welcome back! I love to cook, myself! Just keep trying, it gets easier the more you do it.

Excellent intro, tight, informative to the point.

I am interested in the law but have no training in it, though I am inclined to get those I know in the trade (a few) to chat about it. (Please tell me you're not a personal injury type...) What do you plan to do in practice?

Have you heard of a 70's show, "The Paper Chase" based on the movie of the same name, about the rigors of law school? It is a past favorite of mine... Starred John Houseman. The Paper Chase (TV series) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I am here because I would like to talk with people who have similar interests. My interest in diapers is just a small part of me, but it is nice to be able to talk to someone who understands - someone you don't have to hide that part of your life from.
    I hear you. Diapers aren't nearly as important to me (important though they are) as is my connection to this community. I credit Moo first, Masterpython second, who runs a local meet operation. Seriously, I had met some abdl in early days and it wasn't a great experience. It is now: not every person, live or on Adisc, is "my person" though they are all "my crowd." Some are "my person" and it's a joyous thing; as a result, I am a joyous thing.

American Football turns my crank, NFL not college; I like teams based on QB's: Mannings, Favres... and Green Bay because their uniforms resemble our own Edmonton Eskimos in Canadian Football. I like QB's who call their own plays and I really like any kind of oddness: drop-kicks, field goals that magically turn into running plays, laterals under any circumstances. Over-use of the running game bores me.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RayExtends1130.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	32.8 KB 
ID:	4789 <<THUMBNAIL

Quote Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post

I am interested in the law but have no training in it, though I am inclined to get those I know in the trade (a few) to chat about it. (Please tell me you're not a personal injury type...) What do you plan to do in practice?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RayExtends1130.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	32.8 KB 
ID:	4789 <<THUMBNAIL
    Fortunately I am not injury in personal injury law. Plaintiff's personal injury is a difficult business. I try to stay away from those messy areas of the law: divorce, family law, debt collection, etc. Instead, much of my work has been in labor and employment litigation. Its nothing glamorous and most of the demand is from corporate or institutional clients. I plan on pursuing that path after I pass the bar.

By the way, I have seen the Paper Chase and it is a great film. I nearly reconsidered my choice of law school based on Kingsfield's harassment of students using the socratic method. Contemporary law professors are more relaxed; however, there are some who seem to delight in putting their students on the spot. I have not seen the television adaptation of the Paper Chase and I will have to check it out.

Speaking of the CFL, I have had the opportunity to watch the Grey Cup a couple times and have found if fascinating. The variations in rules and play make it fun to watch. In addition, the CFL attracts alot of talent from college football players in the States and it is nice to see players get the opportunity to play in both the CFL and NFL.

Welcome! I'm a BIG college football fan too. Must have been exciting for you to hear about Jim Tressel... a little sad though. Ohio State may be in big, big trouble even though he is gone. Good luck with Nebraska, BTW. I'm in Big 12 country. We'll miss them in a lot of ways, but in others it was more like good riddance. . Come fall you and I will have to start a football thread, or maybe even a group! Anyway, welcome to our little corner of the world, and have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by BabyJessi View Post
    Must have been exciting for you to hear about Jim Tressel... a little sad though. Ohio State may be in big, big trouble even though he is gone. Good luck with Nebraska, BTW. I'm in Big 12 country. We'll miss them in a lot of ways, but in others it was more like good riddance. . Come fall you and I will have to start a football thread, or maybe even a group! Anyway, welcome to our little corner of the world, and have fun!
    I felt the same way about Tressel. Even though I official do not like Ohio State Tressel was the one exception. I felt that I had to give credit where credit was due even if he consistently beat upon on Michigan. When I heard the news at first I was elated but then I felt bad because he had sunk to the level of turning a blind eye to NCAA violations. As for Nebraska, bring 'em on. However, I think Nebraska could win the B10 in its first year so maybe we should be content with the 11 teams we have.

I try to stay away from those messy areas of the law... Instead, much of my work has been in labor and employment litigation.
    This made me giggle (Employment litigation being non-messy... But I do understand. One person I know who is involved with personal injury chose their firm strictly to avoid criminal and family.

Criminal... you lie with dogs, you get up with fleas. I could rant about wrong done on both sides of the table, prosecution and defense... but won't right now... And as for three strikes and American pot laws... especially state law in conflict with federal law over medical marijuana, I say 0.O

I envy your love of travel; travel to me is a means to an end, mostly with people at the other end.

As to CFL - it's a mixed bag; the players' dedication to the game, the talent, the excitement and the pace from having 1 down fewer all make it excellent, especially for a purist. The lack of glamour, the smaller and emptier stadiums, the smaller scale of its hype and hoopla make it seem a bit sad and irrelevant. (I am a pop culture fan; I buy into hoopla and razzle dazzle.) Snowy fields make me feel chilly.