Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ways of putting on a disposable diaper

Default Ways of putting on a disposable diaper

For a long while I put mine on lying down - and found it a bit of a struggle and rather awkward - especially when it came to getting the tapes to the right tension.

Now I stand with my back to a wall or door and posittion the nappy behind me - I then pull up the front and fasten the bottom tapes each side before doing the top ones - for me this works well and leaves me feeling comfortable and secure.

What are other peoples views and are there other ways of getting into a taped diaper?

I generally put it on in the same way as I expect to be wearing the diaper in. So if I go to bed I'll put it on whilst laying down on the floor but if I plan to wear during the day I'll stand against a wall much like you do. I don't really have a preference but I do find it easier to position the tapes while standing.

I have highly electromagnetic kidneys what with all the electro-lytes that get passed through it so normally I just take a magnet on either side and kind of clamp it around my waist so I look like Frankenstein's monster except from the waist down. From the waist up I look more like Bigfoot with no hair.

I lay down, tape up the top tapes first, then tape up the bottom. I seem to get the best fit that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blanch View Post
    I have highly electromagnetic kidneys what with all the electro-lytes that get passed through it so normally I just take a magnet on either side and kind of clamp it around my waist so I look like Frankenstein's monster except from the waist down. From the waist up I look more like Bigfoot with no hair.
    You're joking right? I mean I think you are. If not, sorry for being insensitive and please tell me more about this problem!

I prefer the "hold the back of the diaper up while leaning against a wall/door" method. That lets me get the first tape on without as much hassle. After that I can get the remaining 3 tapes on fine freestanding.

When I try to tape up while laying on a bed, it seems to mess with the positioning of the diaper, I have a hard time pulling it to where I know it needs to be before taping, and I end up with a saggy/gapping diaper. So it helps to know where the tapes need to go for a good fit. Being able to pad up while standing is a good skill to have, if you want to be able to pad up or change while in public, such as in a restroom. (I sure don't want to lay on the restroom floor! and imagine getting walked in on!)

Lying down and powdering my self up and then pulling the diaper in place. Then I tape it from the bottom tapes and work my way up.

i lie down on the floor and put the bottom tapes on first then the tops

I prefer lying down, but atm I don't need to because I got some drynites (goodnites) ^^

Quote Originally Posted by BriefJim View Post
    You're joking right? I mean I think you are. If not, sorry for being insensitive and please tell me more about this problem!
    You aren't insensitive but I am. In my thorax. Because I am a bug, Jim, and I am a robot bug at that. The magnets make me do terrible things... help! Help!