Thread: i need advise, im debating if i should tell my mom or not.

Default i need advise, im debating if i should tell my mom or not.

I'm 19 year old male, I live with my mom. I'm scared to buy them cause of my mom finding out so I figured I should tell. But like what should I say? I'm also telling because I just want to get it off my chest as well.

Obligatory article link - https://www.adisc.org/forum/content/...ng-parent.html - I wrote this a month or so ago, and my advice hasn't changed from this article :-)

This is a topic with alot of discussion, and no real right or wrong answer. On the plus side if you do a search I'm sure you can find the old treads, and they are a wealth of knowlage.

In my opinion, telling your parents is not wise, and for a few reasons. First, most reactions from parents are not good. The best you can really hope for is a don't ask don't tell situation, and at worst... well there is a long list, from therapy, to grounding, to routine searches, to worse. Second, I see that you list yourself as a DL, meaning that this is more of an interest in diapers, and not so much other baby things. Since more often then not most DLs are into the sexual side of it, I'm going to assume (perhaps wrongly) that this is the case for you as well. Does your mom really need to know about your sexual interests and urges?

I've been making these points for a while now, and on many threads, and I wonder at the people that advocate telling parents. I try to see it from thier side, and change up my way of thinking, but I'm just not seeing it. I can understand wanting to get this off your chest. Secrets suck sometimes, and they can seem to eat at you, but only if you think this is wrong. That it's a bad secret. I don't see it that way. This is just really a "does she need to know" type of thing. Ask yourself if you would like to know about her fetishes and kinks? I'm gonna guess NONONONONO!!!

In the end telling is all up to you, and no matter if you do or don't, and no matter how well it goes, life will go on. If you really feel the need to tell her, nothing I or anyone else here says will make you change your mind. However, if you're just not sure if you should tell or not, I would wait. You can tell later, but you can't untell.

Supersam1223

You're an adult, she has no need to know. Why don't you tell her that you wouldn't like her to go in your room when you aren't there and ask when you are, it's a perfectly reasonable thing for an adult living with their parent(s) to ask for privacy.

I really see no need for you to tell her, but I guess it's your choice in the end, and I don't know your full situation.

Just my 1.23 pence (2 cents).

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I guess there really isn't a right answer to this question. If it's just absolutely tearing you up inside sit her down and have a talk with her. If she's not ok with it try to make a compromise with her.

I ended up telling my dad because it was eating me up inside not being able to express myself. He understood the reasoning behind it and ended up helping me get diapers. Now, I got lucky with my dad being sympathetic to things. You really ought to gauge how well your mom will understand it. If you do tell her, make sure you're armed to the teeth with knowledge, have no questions you can't answer.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyBeau View Post
    This is a topic with alot of discussion, and no real right or wrong answer. On the plus side if you do a search I'm sure you can find the old treads, and they are a wealth of knowlage.

In my opinion, telling your parents is not wise, and for a few reasons. First, most reactions from parents are not good. The best you can really hope for is a don't ask don't tell situation, and at worst... well there is a long list, from therapy, to grounding, to routine searches, to worse. Second, I see that you list yourself as a DL, meaning that this is more of an interest in diapers, and not so much other baby things. Since more often then not most DLs are into the sexual side of it, I'm going to assume (perhaps wrongly) that this is the case for you as well. Does your mom really need to know about your sexual interests and urges?

I've been making these points for a while now, and on many threads, and I wonder at the people that advocate telling parents. I try to see it from thier side, and change up my way of thinking, but I'm just not seeing it. I can understand wanting to get this off your chest. Secrets suck sometimes, and they can seem to eat at you, but only if you think this is wrong. That it's a bad secret. I don't see it that way. This is just really a "does she need to know" type of thing. Ask yourself if you would like to know about her fetishes and kinks? I'm gonna guess NONONONONO!!!

In the end telling is all up to you, and no matter if you do or don't, and no matter how well it goes, life will go on. If you really feel the need to tell her, nothing I or anyone else here says will make you change your mind. However, if you're just not sure if you should tell or not, I would wait. You can tell later, but you can't untell.
    I wouldn't call it a fetish, I just have a strong desire to wear diapers.