Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Interesting Goodnights ad

Default Interesting Goodnights ad

So last night I had a bunch of friends over and this really interesting Goodnights commercial came on. It was about how fast kids grow up and they need protection that will fit them, it made it sound like the parent could keep their kid in diapers longer. This is where I got uncomfortable....My friends were saying how kids need to be potty trained and whatnot and how people should grow up. Needless to say I didn't comment on my perspective but it made me realize to never tell those people....well I figured I would share, anyone have similar experiences?

that is a interesting way to interpret that
    some people actually have medical problems that mean they DO in fact need goodnights
    the point of them is larger diapers for those who need them

however I'd rather use them for fun..but that's another story

I found the ad on youtube so you can see for yourself how odd it is [Removed]
    Last edited by Near; 24-Jun-2011 at 22:36. Reason: Removed link to video that contains a minor in diapers

I've seen it come on a few times and I can see where you ran into that interpretation. My interpretation was that it was a hint at bedwetting protection (which is the obvious market anyways) in a way such that kids might receive them warmer.

It's rather cute when the kid goes to bed and somewhat shocking when he gets up. Pretty good since all your commercials really have to do is make people remember your product while conveying it in an attractive way.

I believe that if something like that becomes the norm and kids are kept in some form of diapers past age 4 even if it is just at night we will see an even more rampant growth in our community in future years. The rate at which the AB/DL community was already growing pretty quickly so this could actually get us some visibility down the road. I am not sure that any visibility is really a good thing at this point.

Yeah, it's interesting how they're targeting younger kids and treating more as a nighttime Pull-Up instead of for older kids who wet the bed. My guess is because sales are down, and they need to expand their customer base. It's a cute commercial, though.

you're right,it's kinda skewed
    it's for kids who need more of a transition or are bed wetters,that's the point
    you don't see diapers built for 15+ [cause goodnight seem to fit about there at normal growth]

Quote Originally Posted by PamperedKari View Post
    you're right,it's kinda skewed
    it's for kids who need more of a transition or are bed wetters,that's the point
    you don't see diapers built for 15+ [cause goodnight seem to fit about there at normal growth]
    Well considering that age group is in the range of puberty body changes for males it isn't uncommon for some of them to lose bladder control at night. That is part of the audience that goodnites are targeting. Strangely enough I am not sure I ever saw a commercial for underjams, are they just a product that takes market share on the shelves but concedes most of the market to goodnites?

your friends are just making observations based off how society views the growing up process as well as the use of diapers. we live in a fast paced society that at the least encourages parents to as quickly as possible dispense with childhood and get them contributing to society as adults...we also live in a society where we as parents are constantly battling for bragging rights over whose child potty trained the quickest, whose gave up the bottle the quickest...omg your child still sucks on a binky....jennas daughter still wets the bed omg etc etc...

Quote Originally Posted by waslost1234abc View Post
    we also live in a society where we as parents are constantly battling for bragging rights over whose child potty trained the quickest, whose gave up the bottle the quickest...omg your child still sucks on a binky....jennas daughter still wets the bed omg etc etc...
    life is always boring if you analyze physiology
    I feel bad that tdl's or TB's can't be accepted

Quote Originally Posted by PamperedKari View Post
    life is always boring if you analyze physiology
    I feel bad that tdl's or TB's can't be accepted
    what do you mean by physiology?