Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ordered with priority mail and have no street numbers on house...

Default Ordered with priority mail and have no street numbers on house...

I ordered some things from bambinos and had it shipped usps priority mail. Thing is they should come today if they didn't come yesterday, but I have no mailbox or street numbers anywhere. Will USPS call me to say they couldn't deliver or do they have records of where houses are and everything?

AntiSocial

no mailbox or street number?why did you get anything delivered then? WHY DO YOU EVEN LIVE THERE THEN? lol i tough all houses MUST have a number for deliveries

My understanding of the US postal system is limited, but in the UK, if the package cannot be delivered, it would be returned to the supplier.
    Depending on the supplier, they may redeliver at no charge, redeliver at a cost, or refund all or part of the cost.
    I am unsure why you would attempt to order a package when your house does not have a postal address. What exactly did you give them as an address? (IE, a house nearby ect? I'm not asking for your address...)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have an address, the mailbox just got ran over and the street numbers were on that. Just havent replaced it yet as we just moved in like 3 weeks ago.

If the Post Office has been able to deliver mail to you, you will receive your package.

The post office can figure it out by looking at the numbers on the houses around you. for example let's say my house number is 4 to my left would be 2 and right would be 6, if mine were missing, it would not be too difficult to figure out where the package goes by process of elimination.

I even put in the note of the order what it was beside hoping they would look at it.

So if I ordered it by the deadline Monday and got priority mail for 2-3 days shipping that means if they could deliver it it would be here today or tomorrow?

Indeed.
    If they can't work it out it will probably end up at your local post office.
    I've had that before, you just take some ID.
    If they've got a number on the box they may even phone you to say they can't deliver. I had s delivery guy phone my mobile before to say that he'd arrived but no one was home. I was asleep so I didn't here him knock.

So me putting what house it's to the right of kinda backfired. My grandmother got it. She asked what it was so I'm like stuff for my computer and she wants to see it lol. I just walked out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
    So me putting what house it's to the right of kinda backfired. My grandmother got it. She asked what it was so I'm like stuff for my computer and she wants to see it lol. I just walked out.
    Oh well. At least you located it, and it didn't end up stuck in a post office depo ten mines away! :P