Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you ever feel ashamed?

Default Do you ever feel ashamed?

Hi, I'm a lurker and now poster. I don't know how to feel about being an AB/DL. Ever since I was twelve, I've had a strong interest in diapers and find myself only being attracted to AB/DL topics. I don't know if I can really feel proud and accepting of myself when society feels this way about us. I don't know, sometimes I wish I was different.

A lot of us have at some point experienced the feeling of shame towards themselves for having interests/feelings/desires that are different from what's considered "normal". But the answer is already in your post:

Quote Originally Posted by rollie View Post
    I don't know if I can really feel proud and accepting of myself when society feels this way about us.
    The point is: why bother changing a part of us that makes us happy for the sake of someone else's opinion (most of the times motivated by misconceptions and stereotypes)? As soon as you're not hurting anyone, what ultimately matters is how YOU feel about this. If others have a problem with it, it's THEIR problem, not yours!

love

When I think about it logically...
    Nothing matters and everything is irrelevant. Vogue magazine, doctors curing diseases, different cultures, the house you spent 15 years decorating just right, records of births, subcommunities like pro ana and abdl, popular music and alternative music and wannabes and scientific classification of animals and plants...
    It's all gonna be gone eventually.
    Nature will turn over and we, eventually, like all other species before us, will become extinct, in our lifetime or otherwise.

That being said...I feel like I should spend my insignificance making myself happy, whatever that may entail.

but when I think about it on a smaller scale, I'd die of shame if someone besides my BF ever saw me in diapers or sucking a binky.

I used to feel ashamed.

But there are much, much worse things out there.
    And this desire isn't going to go away; it's stuck with me.
    Might as well enjoy it. :3

Quote Originally Posted by Setsuya View Post
    I used to feel ashamed.

But there are much, much worse things out there.
    And this desire isn't going to go away; it's stuck with me.
    Might as well enjoy it. :3
    I'd be ashamed if I were you.

For altogether different reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephy View Post
    I'd be ashamed if I were you.

For altogether different reasons.
    <3 you. ._.

I would hate myself when I was much younger, and called it "my blackest deed". But this is why I keep it mostly to myself. I have no shame wearing in front of my wife, or acting little. In fact, it kind of gets me off. That said, I certainly wouldn't go public with it, and so I keep it to myself, at home.

As far as others thinking us weird, most people aren't worth consideration. Why should we care what they think, and who knows what goes on behind their closed doors. I would be willing to guess that most people harbor their weird thoughts. Imagine how many may be attracted to a child, though never act on it, or want to be ridden like a horse by a dom. There are a lot of kinks, and they belong to their owners without our judgment or condemnation.

Who cares what others think? It only matters what WE think. We're the ones in control of our own lives, so why should we listen to what others think about how we live?