Thread: I found a new friend - and got a new avatar! :D

Default I found a new friend - and got a new avatar! :D

I wandered over to Foxtales more or less to check out stories and look at things, and wound up hiring Sammy (aka toddlergirl) to make me an avatar pic. She just completely knocked it out of the park, too, I gotta say.

Girl works cheap, too - $20 for a commissioned piece like this with one subject. She had this one from hand-penciled sketch to finished in under 2 hours.

Here's the rest of her portfolio: toddlergirl on deviantART

Big size:

http://th02.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2011/173/a/7/in_trouble_by_toddlergirl-d3jmzef.png

I couldn't help myself, I had to spam her all over the place today.
    Last edited by WBDaddy; 24-Jun-2011 at 16:04.

Not sure, I'm not a member over there. Like I said, I joined up over at FoxTalesTimes and found her on the forums.

SevenX

I don't understand, you mean you pay $20 for this picture ? Nice picture btw.

Quote Originally Posted by SevenX View Post
    $20 for art is nothing. A pic like that is sometimes $40 on FA, and "professional artists" (not to degrade toddlergirl or anything, but I mean the people that work exclusively with art as a primary income) usually charge hundreds of dollars for their work.

Quote Originally Posted by SevenX View Post
    I paid $20 to get to tell her pretty much what I wanted and have her deliver it to me, which is what this picture was. It's my "little" - 4 years old, supposed to be potty trained, in trouble for wetting again...

Yeah, that's awesome. You got a good deal, and it's definitely something that most of us can identify with.

literallegionaire

Quote Originally Posted by WBDaddy View Post
    I wandered over to Foxtales more or less to check out stories and look at things, and wound up hiring Sammy (aka toddlergirl) to make me an avatar pic. She just completely knocked it out of the park, too, I gotta say.

Girl works cheap, too - $20 for a commissioned piece like this with one subject. She had this one from hand-penciled sketch to finished in under 2 hours.

Here's the rest of her portfolio: toddlergirl on deviantART

[removed]

I couldn't help myself, I had to spam her all over the place today.
    hey just figured id respond to the pm u sent me and it was me who gave u the rep comment
    id pm u back but im not a high enough level yet :'( so until then this is the only way i can contact people
    Last edited by Trevor; 25-Jun-2011 at 00:55. Reason: don't need to quote the big pic.

That's cool, I figured it was probably you.

So yeah, that's the basic story of the avatar - I was a very, very late trainer, and I still had wetting accidents at age 4. My mother and grandmother both would respond to such accidents with diapering and humiliation. Years later, that's how I see my "little" self - the 4 year old in the corner in a diaper again for having another accident.