Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Male Circumcision Ban Placed On Ballot In San Francisco.

Default Male Circumcision Ban Placed On Ballot In San Francisco.

A proposal to ban male circumcision has been approved to be placed on the ballot in San Francisco in November election.

What are your thoughts? Is this ban Anti-semetic? Does the government have the right to interfer with parental rights?

What is more important: the right of the parents to decide to circumcise their kids or the right of the child to decide (later in life) if they want to get circumcised? In this situation, I think the kid's rights trumps the parent's, as it is the child that needs to live with that decision all their life. It's possible to get circumcised later in life, not so easy to get un-circumscribed.

Quote Originally Posted by Zekk View Post
    A proposal to ban male circumcision has been approved to be placed on the ballot in San Francisco in November election.

What are your thoughts? Is this ban Anti-semetic? Does the government have the right to interfer with parental rights?
    I am sorry if this offends anybody.
    Since when is it a "parental right" to molest a child and cut away a part of their flesh?

Give the child/person a chance to choose when they are of legal age if it is for religious reasons.
    As Near said, un-circumsicion cannot be done!

Butterfly Mage

There is no medical justification for mutilating the genitals of a baby boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly Mage View Post
    But...but...it makes him look...bigger!

It is true that it can't be undone, but I don't see why its a huge deal. Calling it mutilation seems a bit extreme, and its not even really a huge religious thing either. I myself am circumcised and my member is perfectly fine not deformed or anything, I'm not even Jewish. I can understand kids rights as well as the wishes of the parents coming up so I guess its up to the people (even tho banning it would infringe on some constitutional rights).

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly Mage View Post
    This. This soooooooo much.

The principle of "separation of church and state" does not come into play when people are harmed as a direct result of religious belief.

Spearmint

Quote Originally Posted by Draugr View Post
    This. This soooooooo much.

The principle of "separation of church and state" does not come into play when people are harmed as a direct result of religious belief.
    Same. I myself am circumcised, and it's worked out for me just fine. However, I do think that it should be up the the person who has to live with it, especially if there is no real benefits from performing such a thing.

I'm circumcised, but I wish I wasn't. I'd be for this, just because It should be the child's right decide when he is older.

Quote Originally Posted by GoodNite View Post
    I'm circumcised, but I wish I wasn't. I'd be for this, just because It should be the child's right decide when he is older.
    I don't see the big difference between the two. Then again I can't know first hand since I am circumcised.

I've heard that having it done makes it easier to clean. But I can atest that I've never paid that area more attention then my, well other things.

This topics getting gross. <_>