Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Firefox 5 is "out"

Default Firefox 5 is "out"

ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.or...0/win32/en-US/

I fround this well on the PC boards of gamefaqs, i'm installing it now. Official release I guess is june 21st.

And more than half my add-ons still don't work!

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blanch View Post
    And more than half my add-ons still don't work!
    Same here, pain in the butt to clear my toolbox.

Does it even compete with chrome or is it as slow and loaded down as the last version of firefox was?

Chrome just seems like they did everything right. It lets you move it around how you want, it starts separate processes for all its tabs so they function faster when you have like 12 open. It has ctrl-shift-n for private browsers so you don't need to reach on the keyboard for p. The only downside that I ever find with chrome is the webpages that are not designed to function with it, and they are becoming a rarity.

Quote Originally Posted by boch121 View Post
    Chrome junkie here but, anything to own IE8 makes me happy.
    I'm pretty sure IE9 owned IE8

---------- Post added at 09:45 ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kwis View Post
    Does it even compete with chrome or is it as slow and loaded down as the last version of firefox was?

Chrome just seems like they did everything right. It lets you move it around how you want, it starts separate processes for all its tabs so they function faster when you have like 12 open. It has ctrl-shift-n for private browsers so you don't need to reach on the keyboard for p. The only downside that I ever find with chrome is the webpages that are not designed to function with it, and they are becoming a rarity.
    Oh really? Chrome let a virus onto my computer in the form of a cookie while Firefox blocked the same virus from a different site after removing the first... I beg to differ that Chrome did everything right. They don't protect as well.

Either way, Chrome always crashes for me and the plugins never install correctly on my computer, making it to where I can't watch videos or play flash games or any of the sort. IT gets really aggravating.

On Topic now, I don't think they changed anything lol.

Quote Originally Posted by PrettyFox View Post
    I'm pretty sure IE9 owned IE8

---------- Post added at 09:45 ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 ----------

Oh really? Chrome let a virus onto my computer in the form of a cookie while Firefox blocked the same virus from a different site after removing the first... I beg to differ that Chrome did everything right. They don't protect as well.

Either way, Chrome always crashes for me and the plugins never install correctly on my computer, making it to where I can't watch videos or play flash games or any of the sort. IT gets really aggravating.

On Topic now, I don't think they changed anything lol.
    Relying on a web browser to be your firewall is a pretty poor choice. If you had a good anti-virus odds are you wouldn't have had a problem.

Unless of-course the problem was operator error.

Quote Originally Posted by kwis View Post
    Relying on a web browser to be your firewall is a pretty poor choice. If you had a good anti-virus odds are you wouldn't have had a problem.

Unless of-course the problem was operator error.
    I do have an antivirus, but Mozilla catches it before my antivirus needs to get into play. Avast tends to run down my processing speed.