Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What T.V do you have

Default What T.V do you have

Right now I have a near new LG 50PT350

Retail Price $600 - $700

Paid $200 from craigslist

I think it was a great buy.

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g60/malippert/IMG00023-20110617-1433.jpg

I still have a what you call a "thick TV". A philips 32" 100Hz.
    But I rarely watch it anymore. My butt is usually parked infront of my computer screen a LG 27" (viewed from aprox 40" distance)
    That short distance makes it apear huge (great for good imersion in gaming)

Quote Originally Posted by ShortGuy View Post
    I still have a what you call a "thick TV". A philips 32" 100Hz.
    But I rarely watch it anymore. My butt is usually parked infront of my computer screen a LG 27" (viewed from aprox 40" distance)
    That short distance makes it apear huge (great for good imersion in gaming)
    I use to have a Samsung 32" HDTV for games but I bought this one and sold the other one

A shitty off brand proview.

next TV... vizo or something HIGH quality. Preferably with 120hz for better football watching and depth clarity.

Amazon.com: Samsung LN46A650 46-Inch 1080p 120 Hz LCD HDTV with Red Touch of Color: Electronics

Pretty nice picture.

I don't have cable. I have a mac mini plugged into my receiver and connected via gigabit ethernet to a NAS which has various TV shows and movies on it. The mini runs Plex which has plugins for things like netflix, cbs, the daily show, south park, etc.

Plus the blu-rays I get from netflix. Works well for me.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	47825j7_27.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	12.1 KB 
ID:	4716

Not my specific TV, but it's the same model.

Video games suck on it. Can't even read the text.

We are the country that invented Big Brother.. so I don't have a tv.

I got an older Sony rear projection TV, model number KP-46WT500, for $50 on craigslist. The screen had a slight crack in it near the bottom (apparently being hit with a PS2 controller isn't enough to totally destroy the screen ), and the colors needed a bit of adjustment. Of course, the guy selling it was too lazy (or maybe he just wanted a new TV) to go to Google and find out that it takes two screwdrivers and about 3 minutes to adjust the colors. Either way, I got a sweeeeeet 46" 1080i TV with a bunch of different inputs for $50. Big upgrade from the 1990s-era 27" CRT we had before.

Not mine, but here's what it looks like:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7478637IMG_1556.JPG 
Views:	31 
Size:	46.2 KB 
ID:	4717

Butterfly Mage

I don't have one. I watch video content on my laptop and cell phone.

At home, I have a 32" Olevia HDTV and only recently have I received HD programming. When I am on campus I have a simple 19" TV that I bring out but I am possibly contemplating on probably not bringing it. Although that might be a conflicting battle since I am still keen on live sports