Thread: Rebecca Black Friday gone from YouTube!

Alecs

Default Rebecca Black Friday gone from YouTube!

Yeah, copyright claim from the girl herself. Transparently there was a dispute between her and the record label so it's gone.

Now that it's gone, can people say what they really think? I actually downloaded the HD version just in case something like this happened, and I do listen to it sometimes, though it's just been sitting in a folder most of the time.

What do you think of the song, the video, the girl, the meaning? No trolling on this girl either, be appropriate.

Oh and here's the YouTube page, the video isn't there. Rebecca Black: Friday

I think it's an aweful song, and a bad video. However, it's important to note that she is not in any way a professional musician. She paid to have the song written by a company that makes videos, and she got what she paid for. I don't see any reason to hate on her as a person (I don't know her) or as a music artist (she really isn't one).

Quote Originally Posted by BabyBeau View Post
    I think it's an aweful song, and a bad video. However, it's important to note that she is not in any way a professional musician. She paid to have the song written by a company that makes videos, and she got what she paid for. I don't see any reason to hate on her as a person (I don't know her) or as a music artist (she really isn't one).
    I agree. Considering she isn't really a singer she did a decent job, and the whole thing frankly reached a stupid proportion. It was not meant to become popular

Sent from my iPhone
    Last edited by Near; 17-Jun-2011 at 15:38.

Quote Originally Posted by Near View Post
    I agree. Considering she isn't really a singer she did a decent job, and the whole thing frankly reached a stupid proportion. It was not meant to become popular
    Indeed. Really, she did about a million times better then I could have done. I don't have autotune, but I'm not sure that would help me enough.

I think what I love about it IS that it's so bad and that Rebecca Black is in on the joke. She made a parody video on funny or die and regularly laughs at herself. Just imagine if she took it seriously, that would be terrible. It's a bad song made worse by the fact that it gets stuck in your head and I love it.

Well the song was really rather stupid. Video more so. Anyways....

It's friday, friday, friday. Goota get down with Sea Shepard on friday and laugh your ass off.

Ehhh....*shoulder shrug* I didn't get the appeal, but then again, I haven't understood the appeal of 95% of top 40 stuff since 1995. I suppose to each his or her own.

It was cringeworthy to say the least. But because it was so bad, it got talked about more than most number 1's from the past decade. I did however enjoy the many parodies on youtube, including some filthy dubstep remixes. The video was pretty funny actually, every time I see those kids in the car just cracks me up!

SwagMaster

It blew my mind with it's terribleness. It was so bad, it was amazing (you know what I mean?). I hope that it was a joke, but it did start the events that led to the creation of Pato's "Say What You Want," another song that, despite having a very good message, was also laughable at (the perfect mix, right?)

The song and its concepts done were pretty terrible, considering that there were better performances by the artists from Glee and the rendition with Jimmy Fallon, Stephen Colbert, Taylor Hicks, and The Roots. I believe that its intentional purpose was for hype, and it clearly achieved this purpose, and if it was to also make money that is also an attainable goal. Honestly, I don't think she can be in music with all that autotune but I do accept Kesha and Justin Bieber as musicians so whatever.