Thread: Favourite comics?

Default Favourite comics?

What's your favourite comics?

Mine would be Garfield, obviously! =D I have been reading Garfield for about 20 years now. Besides Garfield, I enjoy read Baby Blues, The Zits, Hi and Lois, The Blondie. Those usually make me chuckle every morning I read them in my email inbox.

I also used to enjoy For Better or for Worse because it was a Canadian comic strip and it even have a gay character in it (it's very rare to see in well known comics). Sadly, it ended in 2009 (I think).

Curious, but how come you like Garfield so much? The only times I ever find it funny are when I read it aloud in silly voices when I'm extremely bored... and I am a cat person. That's not an attack or a criticism, but I just am puzzled.

As to the question at hand, I don't know, exactly... I have a few, listed below, that I often enjoy, but they've given some duds, and there are others that have made me laugh that I can't think of right now, so it's kind of a shaky, uncertain answer... but I'd have to say that my favorites are probably Pearls Before Swine, Rhymes with Orange, Dilbert, Foxtrot, and, for some reason I can't pinpoint (as it usually isn't very funny), Hagar the Horrible.

Oh! I also read Judge Parker routinely, just to make fun of it. I give all the characters funny voices, and... boy, I can really be a simpleton sometimes.

Newspaper Strip comics: Peanuts (That's Snoopy to you,) Nemi, Dilbert, and CALVIN AND HOBBES!

Quote Originally Posted by Emmy View Post
    What's your favourite comics?

Mine would be Garfield, obviously! =D I have been reading Garfield for about 20 years now. Besides Garfield, I enjoy read Baby Blues, The Zits, Hi and Lois, The Blondie. Those usually make me chuckle every morning I read them in my email inbox.

I also used to enjoy For Better or for Worse because it was a Canadian comic strip and it even have a gay character in it (it's very rare to see in well known comics). Sadly, it ended in 2009 (I think).
    I loved For Better or Worse as well, and even have some of the books. My family has a cottage on Lake Harris, Pointe Au Baril. We drive through Perry Sound and FBoW had a series were they got stranded on an island in the Sound.

I also enjoy reading both Doonsbury and The Wizard of Id.

Dilbert, Calvin and Hobbes, The Far Side and Baby Blues.

Growing up I used to read the following religiously:

Garfield
    Peanuts
    Wizard of Id
    Hagar the Horrible
    Far Side
    Calvin & Hobbes

Sadly my local paper never had Foxtrot, Dilbert or Baby Blues but they are very funny!

PS: Originally I thought this thread was going to be about Comic Books