Thread: Required introduction

Default Required introduction

I might as well fill this post with lorem ipsum because I have next to zero interest in sharing personal details about myself at this time. While I understand some level of annoyance online communities tend to have for "lurkers", blocking active content here feels like a social paywall.

Please allow me to continue to have the opportunity to occasionally enjoy some of the authorship present on your website.

Thank you,

apexv

Hey there, I hope you enjoy lurking and find the information you are looking for!

If at any time you decide to become more involved, we will welcome you with open arms!

Hi there. =) Welcome to ADSIC.

Don't worry about it for time being. I am glad that at least you let us know that you prefer not at the moment. Feel free to look around and hope ADISC would be great place for you.

So contribute on neutral topics. There is no requirement to share your life history; you should understand we get many shy people and usually they want to integrate and make friends. So we usually try to help them do so.

We have forums for off-topic, Mature topics like stuff in the news, Computers and games... Once you level up you can go back to lurking essentially.

Thank-you for mentioning

lorem ipsum
    Here is a link about it. http://www.lipsum.com/ The forum is richer for your contribution already.

If you wanted to flaunt your position you could make random replies in lipsum ; not that I am saying you should. I bet I will like anything non-trivial you may have to say... I already do.
    Last edited by Raccoon; 17-Jun-2011 at 03:33.

Quote Originally Posted by apexv View Post
    I might as well fill this post with lorem ipsum because I have next to zero interest in sharing personal details about myself at this time. While I understand some level of annoyance online communities tend to have for "lurkers", blocking active content here feels like a social paywall.

Please allow me to continue to have the opportunity to occasionally enjoy some of the authorship present on your website.

Thank you,

apexv
    It's a shame you don't want to be part of the community here

It's a wonderful place to be. We're not looking for your life history or any of your identifying features, we just want to know a little about you so you can integrate here!

Surely you can at least share why you're here? And whether you prefer coke or pepsi?

Or what your favourite sport is? Unless it's something really unique like elephant polo... in which case that might help us identify you! (Or maybe Elephant Polo is really big where you are, in which case I apologise!)

I'm truly looking forward to hearing more from you soon, please don't dissapoint!