Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New York On Same Sex Marriage

Default New York On Same Sex Marriage

Well New York moved one step closer to allowing same sex marriage YAY!

The governor of New York declared that anyone who is married in another state be them the opposite sex or same sex will be recognized in New York =D, they haven't made same sex marriage legal yet but they are getting closer.

YouTube - NY to Recognize Same-sex Marriage

A news report on it.

And yes I do realize I'm a little late.

Not as long as we have Christ -.-... I didn't really pay attention to his commercials but didn't he say crap like "WE WILL GET RID OF THE GAYS AND NOT ALLOW GAY MARRIAGE" or something like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Samaki View Post
    Not as long as we have Christ -.-... I didn't really pay attention to his commercials but didn't he say crap like "WE WILL GET RID OF THE GAYS AND NOT ALLOW GAY MARRIAGE" or something like that?
    The irony of that is that Christ is gay, or atleast very flamboyent.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenshin Himura View Post
    The irony of that is that Christ is gay, or atleast very flamboyent.

How was he gay? XD

I'm glad for New York though, and all the other states that are starting to be less strict about same-sex marriage.

Just like people think that homosexuals get way too much hell from religion, I believe that religion gets way too bad a reputation for influencing anti-homosexual feelings.

Homophobia is often a result of someone's own personal feelings, and not necessarily the teachings of a church. I truly believe that religion is only brought into things as an excuse for one to feel as though they have a "higher" support for thinking what they do.

Various denominations are quite divided on homosexuality. The U.S. Episcopal church is very accepting as well as the Unitarian Church. Methodists and Presbyterians are middle of the road. The Catholic church has been quite hypocritical about the whole thing, taking a stand against homosexuality, yet insisting that their priests be cellebate. Is it any wonder that you then encourage either homosexuals into the priesthood or pedophiles? Most people are usually attracted to someone and have a need to express love.

I think it's hard to justify in the 21st century, not having some sort of legal contractual union between couples, be they opposite or same sex.

I didn't know many people knew Unitarians =/, I'm one myself, I may not go to church but I do go to Youth group, omg it is really fun, and we are going to be going to a North Carolina Mountain soon, I'm gonna take pictures and might upload them...

Anyways, I'm glad that NY will finally accept same-sex marriage, they may not give it out, but they still accept it.

When Christ gets out of office, I'm sure that the next governor will do good for gay marriage instead of doing crud for it.

Quote Originally Posted by RainbowMommy View Post
    How was he gay? XD
    You are aware that they are speaking of Charlie Crist, governor of Florida, not Jesus Christ?

Quote Originally Posted by The Russian View Post
    You are aware that they are speaking of Charlie Crist, governor of Florida, not Jesus Christ?
    This is a good example of why spelling names correctly is important...

I'm glad that NY is one step closer to allowing gay marriage. Sadly, voters in my state, Virginia, took a step (or ten) backwards a couple of years ago by voting in a state constitutional amendment to define marriage as being between a man and a woman, even though gay marriage was already illegal. The anti-gay-marriage crowd touted this as something necessary to preserving the traditional family. This might be a more viable argument if 50 percent of marriages didn't already end in divorce and if it wasn't perfectly legal for heterosexual people to marry for plenty of reasons besides love.