Thread: *Sniffle*

Default *Sniffle*

Friend of mine posted this today. I bawled like a baby. He lost his wife to cancer a couple years ago, way too young, too.

Never understood why cancer takes the good people that we need more of. How is your friend holding up? Did they have any kids together?

Quote Originally Posted by kite View Post
    Never understood why cancer takes the good people that we need more of. How is your friend holding up? Did they have any kids together?
    He's doing pretty well. Took him this long to work up the nerve to put this out there, which is definitely a good solid step in the healing process.

Between my first and second wives, I lost a girlfriend to a rare blood disorder that was untreatable, so this was a real sting in my heart too.

My fiancee and I have a couple of friends dealing with non treatable issues and they are the kindest people I know. I wish I could say something genuine to you and your friend other than some cliche line, and even though I don't know you personally, I hope you both are pulling through. It sounds like you two are really close friends so it's definitely a plus that he has you by his side.

Quote Originally Posted by kite View Post
    My fiancee and I have a couple of friends dealing with non treatable issues and they are the kindest people I know. I wish I could say something genuine to you and your friend other than some cliche line, and even though I don't know you personally, I hope you both are pulling through. It sounds like you two are really close friends so it's definitely a plus that he has you by his side.
    I've had a lot more time than he for the wound to close - I met my current wife about 4 years ago, roughly 6 months after my g/f died. I do what I can to support him, but a lot of it is inside.

Just like Kite said; I will never understand why cancer seems to target good people.

The video made me cry; your friend did a great job of putting that together.

I had a very good friend die of cancer, both when we were young and full of life. He only made it to 25. My mom died of cancer and it was a two year battle. I hate cancer.

Jack, who was my friend, married his childhood sweetheart. They went to college and became caretakers who worked a home for the profoundly mentally challenged. She was pregnant with their first child when he died of skin cancer, melanoma. He was this wonderful, giving person, as was she. Cancer does take the very best.

FootieCookie

My uncle had his multiple lung cancers and passed away about 15 years ago. My aunt had her breast cancer and passed away few years ago. Knowing that really a hard step for us to healing and giving their happy memories through our hearts.
    Cancers cannot heal quickly as researchers are trying to overcome them. Alot of treatments give slower process for years. Pretty premature and too early to tell how to solve the cancers growth. Hopefully in the future would give a better tools to save their lives.