Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Virginity

Default Virginity

So recently I have started to get involved with one of my closest friends as more of dating relationship and it seems like we are only talking about sex. She seems to be under the opinion that virginity is a sacred thing and I just don't see what is so special about it, it seems like something that is just a part of growing up and is nothing special.
    What I want to know is other people's views on virginity and how they relate to my own.

Later

Being raised Catholic, my view on it is that it is something that should be saved for marriage. However, I've never been in a relationship before that has had the opportunity to go that far so I can't say what I would do if I were in your shoes or were presented with the opportunity. I suppose that if I am really sure it is the right person, it would be pretty hard to wait until you're married.

Hi, first, I suggest checking out these topics;

http://www.adisc.org/forum/mature-to...rostitute.html
    http://www.adisc.org/forum/mature-to...ts-no-sex.html
    http://www.adisc.org/forum/mature-to...virginity.html
    http://www.adisc.org/forum/mature-to...views-sex.html

Most people have already stated their opinions in at least one of those threads. As for me, I agree with baseball. I was raised Catholic, no sex before marriage, however I've been as far as being in bed with someone, pants off etc... a little foreplay never hurt, but I haven't been the whole way, nor do I plan on it until I'm Married.

Quote Originally Posted by baseball4life19 View Post
    Being raised Catholic, my view on it is that it is something that should be saved for marriage. However, I've never been in a relationship before that has had the opportunity to go that far so I can't say what I would do if I were in your shoes or were presented with the opportunity. I suppose that if I am really sure it is the right person, it would be pretty hard to wait until you're married.
    You hit the nail on the head. Bravo.

I think to loose ones virginity is up to the individual, if he or she wants to do it before they get married, its fine, but if you want to wait and make it something special, I think thats fine too.

Don't let peer pressure take your virginity away, if you want to be a virgin that is up to you!

They are many people out in the world today, that say they have, just to get pressure of them, I say if that works for you go with it,... I did, and people believed me.

I'll offer my thoughts very briefly:

States and identities to be concerned with - being: a friend, a partner, a success, happy, healthy, fulfilled, accomplished, secure, contented, a contributor, loved, loving, part of a family...

Being a virgin? Less so.

I think it's silly to give something like that so much weight or let it play a part in how you define and consider yourself and others. Fundamentally though, you just have to do what you need to and what you think is right while remembering that you are only really accountable to yourself.

EmeraldsAndLime

Cliché belief: You have to wait for the right time to lose it. Otherwise, looking back, you may regret it.

Don't let anyone tell you when you should and shouldn't be having sex. It is entirely up to you and only a decision you should make. If you don't feel ready and/or comfortable with it, or if you feel you aren't able to cope with the emotional impact of a sexual encounter, then don't force it! It'll come naturally, and for everyone the urge to have sex at different times and at different stages of our development (or not at all). Not everyone is the same.

Again, don't feel you are required to have sex - either that be through peer pressure or otherwise. The right time is when you feel and know it's the right time.

First off, I'm not a virgin, I lost that a couple years ago, but anyway right now, I'm dating a virgin and our plans right now, is for me to help her loose it on her birthday as a birthday gift from me. So my opinion is that it your choice when you want to loose it when your comfortable or ready for it.

I'm not a religious person, but I still think that sex should be saved for marriage...I kind of think that people that have sex with others before they are married, are whores...But that's just me

Virginity is special in that you only have your first time once, but to me it wasn't a big deal. *shrug*

And my definition of losing your virginity is very broad, which many of my friends disagree with. I believe ANY sexual contact makes you no longer a virgin. Regular sex, oral, anal, even fingering/ jacking off, ANYthing with an other person for sexual gratification.

I do not believe masturbation or tearing your hymen by non-sexual means (horse-back riding, tampon, etc) makes you lose your virginity though.