Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for friends

Default Looking for friends

Hi, I'm looking for friends to talk to. You can read my introduction thread I forgot to respond to, but I'm looking for friends boy or girl around my age. I'm a straight 15 year old male. I don't have many friends, and want someone to relate to. I would prefer steam chat, or yahoo messenger. Message me for info and you can ask more about me here. I like cedar point, Michael Jackson and his music, games like black ops, and movies. I tried my little brother's pull ups before, quite a few times. I can't get diapers now though. I still think of them and dream of them. I hope to get more some time. Thanks everyone.

babyricky11

Hi

Hey Dl4lyfe
    This is a great place to make friends you can always do that by popping into the chat or posting more on the forums so we can get to know you ^^
    So are you mostly an FPS player or do you like other games much ?
    whats your favourite sort of movies ? im a big fan of Sci fi and horror myself.

babyricky11

well i;ll be your friend

knowing more about you will attract people to you. You made a start but - give us more to go on. I am sympathetic to your situation, but this is a good opportunity for me to say this:

I just went to a meet which went superbly; but I came away with this in mind: yeah these are "my people." It was a joy to be among them.

But while some are really truly people I want to have as long-term, close friends, others, though great people I like and want to know better are still not destined to be in my inner circle. This is not because they are in any way "inferior" or deficient; they are simply not as compatible. To pretend otherwise would be dishonest to myself and to them; for better or worse, with me, what you see is what you get.

I don't feel obligated to be equal friends with all people of a crowd I happen to belong to. I am varyingly close to all sorts of people, there are degrees of friendship. I can be close friends with a guy and distant friends with his wife or his kids.

On this site I am close to actually just a few people; I am a friendly acquaintance of a great many. I think you - and anyone - owes it to themself to be selective with friends, to take the time to read peoples' posts, chat one on one on threads, irc, and elsewhere, and choose carefully who you have in your life. You have only so much time and attention you can devote to people; you owe it to yourself to pick them carefully.

You and many other newcomers here tack up a sign that says "I am open for business" - the door is open. I have an open door policy for initial interviews but not that many get hired. I have low energy and simply can't maintain a wide circle; it would be leading people on to give them a false impression of my degree of commitment.

Being new here you may nort realize just how very open our memberbase is to offering anyone here a decent chance to make a good impression and to respond in kind. With a bit of effort you will have all kinds of applicants to get in your good graces and you can find among them ones who will stick. You not only won't lack friends long but will, with some effort have so many to choose from you can accept the ones most compatible with yourself.

When we take the trouble to ask more about yourself we are setting the stage for you; so posting lots and about many things will tell us who you are and whittle down the numbers of which people YOU want to also know better.

Good luck; making contacs and vetting them is long and difficult, but the time and effort put in will yield results.

Ricky, ok. I won't be on here much though, if you have or can get steam or yahoo messenger, that would be great.

Blind, I play mainly FPS, for the PC. I never could aim good on other systems even though it autoaims. I like some horror and sic fi, but mainly just any that I see that I like. I guess most are drama, but my favorite is Back to the Future. I watch pretty much everything on AMC the tv channel.

Raccoon, I try to not be open to everyone, I'm not going to give all of my details away, and if someone wants my messenger accounts, I want them to pm me. I see what you mean on the levels of friends, I just would like people to talk to with the same interests.

Also, I see this was moved, I put it in teenbaby to make teen friends, about 17 or 18 and younger. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dl4lyfe View Post
    Hi, I'm looking for friends to talk to. You can read my introduction thread I forgot to respond to, but I'm looking for friends boy or girl around my age. I'm a straight 15 year old male. I don't have many friends, and want someone to relate to. I would prefer steam chat, or yahoo messenger. Message me for info and you can ask more about me here. I like cedar point, Michael Jackson and his music, games like black ops, and movies. I tried my little brother's pull ups before, quite a few times. I can't get diapers now though. I still think of them and dream of them. I hope to get more some time. Thanks everyone.
    I sense something sketchy...

I'm pretty sure that it's against the rules to ask people to PM you with contact info/for contact info. Plus, you're still a newbie, you don't have the ability to PM/VM. Asking for people's private information makes you come across as 'creepy' and 'rude', among other things.

Check out the following link, and comment again with a new intro if possible. http://www.adisc.org/forum/greetings...roduction.html

~One-Seventeen

*EDIT*

Quote Originally Posted by Dl4lyfe View Post
    Raccoon, I try to not be open to everyone, I'm not going to give all of my details away, and if someone wants my messenger accounts, I want them to pm me. I see what you mean on the levels of friends, I just would like people to talk to with the same interests.

Also, I see this was moved, I put it in teenbaby to make teen friends, about 17 or 18 and younger. Thanks.
    You're REALLY coming across as someone, or something, you don't want to come across as. You really shouldn't come onto a site like this looking for people of VERY specific ages. Also, you're being a little bit disrespectful to Raccoon. Just makin' that clear.

You can find people of the same interests all around ADISC . You may wish to re-try introducing yourself.
    Last edited by LeonSoryu117; 14-Jun-2011 at 16:10. Reason: Spelling error correction :P

Ah, I wasnt aware I couldn't pm yet. And I never asked for information. I said ask me, and if you want my messengers, ask me. I never asked for certain stuff other than my age, I don't want creeps as friends. You don't need to believe me, but that's your fault. Also, I don't see how I was rude to raccoon.
    I guess if you want my messenger wait for my 20th post, but by all means, don't give me yours. You can, but I don't want you to give yours away freely.

Sorry whoever I offended, I'm just looking for friends and I was told this place was friendly. I saw how to make an introduction, and they said people were actually friendly here. I guess they were wrong.

Hi DL4Lyfe,

ADISC's primary function is to be a support community. The community part of the equation implies that we like to get to know the membership as a whole at least to some extend. There is no need to share anything uniquely identifiable (it's discouraged, really), however you will get the most out of this site if you share a bit of your personality and interact with the membership at large.

This will also facilitate finding sensible people to chat with. Most people preffer to talk one on one with those that they are at least somewhat aquainted to. This is why the best way to meet people to talk too is to mingle around the forum and on the IRC. If you make a good impression on people then they will be much more receptive to get to know you better.

On a side note, asking for a specific age range and gender to chat with, especially when such range is limited to under 18s, then you risk making be weary of you. I understand that teenagers prefer to intermingle, but if the only interactions you are looking for are with the U18 crowd then it's not what you will find here.

Sent from my iPhone

Near, yea, I'm going to try to post here more, and I know most people here are over 20 but I posted in the teen section first, and it got moved. I want someone to talk and relate to but I guess nobody wants to. Sorry to anyone, I don't want to come off as creepy, but I don't want older people to talk to. This was the only place I found with teens, but I guess this was a bad place to look. I still want to post and be friendly here but want people to talk to.