Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: F3ar?

Default F3ar?

Anyone else preordered it? I've beaten all of the others(albeit I beat them backwards :P) and I think F3AR is going to be amazing!

Anyone else have an opinion?

(For those who don't know, this is about the FEAR series)

Personally, I have some concerns. Here they are:

1. It's not being developed by the same developer who did the first two games (Monolith) it's being developed by a company named Day 1 Studios (Same guys that ported the original F.E.A.R. to Playstation 3 and Xbox 360, which were terrible ports in my opinion)

2. Usually it's the 2nd sequel that starts the beginning of the end for franchises (meaning, the franchise starts degrading in quality and starts to become boring, or at least that's what I noticed)

So all in all, I will stay away from it unless the reviews convince me otherwise.

I don't pre-order games... useless practice. But I was looking forward to it untill dustochniet said it wasn't developed by monolith. Everything day one has done for the series wasn't half as good. So I guess, dus toch niet..

Quote Originally Posted by LoFiCopter View Post
    I don't pre-order games... useless practice. But I was looking forward to it untill dustochniet said it wasn't developed by monolith. Everything day one has done for the series wasn't half as good. So I guess, dus toch niet..
    I personally don't care. I think the gameplay looks better than the first two.

YouTube - ‪E3 2010 Stage Demo: F.3.A.R.‬‏

First was good.
    Second was horrible.
    I'm not so sure about the third. The second destroyed it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Setsuya View Post
    First was good.
    Second was horrible.
    I'm not so sure about the third. The second destroyed it for me.
    I thought the second was amazing... it had decent graphics, not a bad storyline, and the gameplay was awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by PrettyFox View Post
    I thought the second was amazing... it had decent graphics, not a bad storyline, and the gameplay was awesome.
    Wasn't scary. I paid for scary.
    Multiplayer was sub-par, too, and the intel wasn't very well hidden.

Wasn't scary. I paid for scary.
    Multiplayer was sub-par, too, and the intel wasn't very well hidden.
    I wasn't scared by it but it did freak the fuckin hell out of me. Besides, the intel didn't really need to be well hidden... it wasn't well hidden in the first either and the multiplayer was sub-par for all of the FEARs.

Quote Originally Posted by PrettyFox View Post
    I wasn't scared by it but it did freak the fuckin hell out of me. Besides, the intel didn't really need to be well hidden... it wasn't well hidden in the first either and the multiplayer was sub-par for all of the FEARs.
    Exactly. The last two already existed in the first one. The first scared me. Second didn't.

Exactly. The last two already existed in the first one. The first scared me. Second didn't.
    You did play the DLCs correct? Or did you skip straight from FEAR to FEAR2? Otherwise you skipped tons of gameplay lol