Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Introducing...

  1. #1

    Default Introducing...

    Myself.

    I'm a 24 year old guy who originally hails from the Midwest. My girlfriend and I live together in a pretty cool little cabin and we both love to cook, entertain, and generally make merriment. I love to read, fish, ski, and watch movies, and every once in a while, catch up on the latest and greatest in the diaper world.

    I've been in and out of diapers since I was little for both bedwetting and choice.

    As I said, I'm a big reader and am always interested in hearing about new books, so feel free to throw some out there!

    I tend to be on and off the internet too... so there may be times when I don't show up here for a while. But I do sincerely hope to give and take (and give some more) with this forum-

    Hope all are well
    Cheers

    pavment

  2. #2

    Default

    Hey there,

    That's quite the nice introduction you had going there. I am a bit curious, why Pavment? Just a word who's ring you like, or is there a more profound reason for it?

    You mentioned a love for books, any genre, authors or book/series you are particularly fond of? Personally I'm a big Harry Potter and His Dark Materials guy since my childhood, I have recently read and really enjoyed the Millennium Trilogy and I am currently reading Let the Right One In (I think I might have something for Swedish books...). I'm also thinking about reading the "A Song of Ice and Fire" series due to enjoying HBO's "Game of Thrones" so much.

    Anyway, I hope you'll stop around once in a while,

    ~~Near

  3. #3

    Default

    Hey Near-

    To answer your question, no profound reason, really. But I am a huge fan of the band Pavement.... They've been a favorite of mine for many years. And as far as books go, I enjoyed all of the Harry Potter series too, but His Dark Materials is definitely tops on my list. Right now I'm really digging food writing; I just finished Kitchen Confidential by Anthony Bourdain.

    p

  4. #4
    pikachuyoshi

    Default

    Hello.

  5. #5

    Default

    Another His Dark Materials fan? My my, you have good tastes sir! It's a shame they butchered the movie adaptation (especially by only adapting the first book)... But ya, HDM is one of my favourite childhood series, and I enjoyed it even more when I re-read it as a teenager. I actually draw a parallel with Narnia here: I actually enjoyed Narnia less when I read it later in life, while I enjoyed HDM more.

    I guess that if you like cooking and reading, it would make sense that you'd read related literature.

    Anyway, welcomed once again Pavment

  6. #6

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Near View Post
    Another His Dark Materials fan? My my, you have good tastes sir! It's a shame they butchered the movie adaptation (especially by only adapting the first book)... But ya, HDM is one of my favourite childhood series, and I enjoyed it even more when I re-read it as a teenager. I actually draw a parallel with Narnia here: I actually enjoyed Narnia less when I read it later in life, while I enjoyed HDM more.

    I guess that if you like cooking and reading, it would make sense that you'd read related literature.

    Anyway, welcomed once again Pavment
    YOU! Lend me those books. >:
    I haven't read those ever, but don't feel like going out to buy them.

  7. #7

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Zephy View Post
    YOU! Lend me those books. >:
    I haven't read those ever, but don't feel like going out to buy them.
    Have you never heard of public libraries? They are kinda, you know, free...

  8. #8

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Near View Post
    Have you never heard of public libraries? They are kinda, you know, free...
    They are also kinda in the middle of nowhere and you need to pay for the parking.

Similar Threads

  1. Introducing Me
    By Confused in forum Greetings / Introductions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 23-May-2011, 21:00
  2. introducing...me!
    By SammiDeschaine in forum Greetings / Introductions
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-Apr-2010, 19:33
  3. this is me....introducing myself. *about me*
    By Toons in forum Greetings / Introductions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-Feb-2010, 05:34
  4. Introducing myself - again
    By NovaSponge41 in forum Greetings / Introductions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-Jan-2010, 02:36
  5. Hey, Just Introducing Myself
    By abmastermind in forum Greetings / Introductions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-Nov-2009, 01:31

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.