Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Love

Default Love

why is it so hard to obtain in this day and age? or is it something so simple and obvious that we refuse to value it as an end all to all our problems? why are we so pent up with fear and angst that we can barely look at another passer-by in the eyes and say good morning? are we really that scary to one another?
    if we each loved each other would our world cease to exist? would it create anarchy and destroy our beloved corporate system?

because were human, we hate just as easily as we love...

Quote Originally Posted by kite View Post
    why is it so hard to obtain in this day and age?

or is it something so simple and obvious that we refuse to value it as an end all to all our problems?

why are we so pent up with fear and angst that we can barely look at another passer-by in the eyes and say good morning?

are we really that scary to one another?

if we each loved each other would our world cease to exist? would it create anarchy and destroy our beloved corporate system?
    Are you implying that it is harder to obtain love now than in the past? Because the advent of the internet has made communication far easier, communication is needed in love, so I think love is easier to get.

Love is not simple, as a biology student the chemicals and neurons that fire off when a person is in love is so complicated that I can't even begin to explain it or understand it. So far all intents and purposes, love is magic to me.

Because if I said good mourning to ever person I see while I pass them on the street, I would annoy myself (And note, I'm a hospital clown, I say good mourning ALOT!)

I think love is based off the flaws and mistakes that people make, not how awesome they are at things. So a society based on love would be a society based on forgiveness, and individuality. How would that work on a macro scale, I have no idea. It works on a micro scale all the time.

We've learned to fear rejection more than loneliness.

Nam

xdeadx

Quote Originally Posted by silent deadly alchemist View Post
    because were human, we hate just as easily as we love...
    Exactly.

i'm no expert on the subject, but it seems to me that a lot of people are unwilling to put any work into love. it doesn't just happen to you, it has to be tended and cultivated, whether you're talking about love for a specific person or love for humanity in general. people take it for granted, and then later when it's gone they look around them like "where did it go?"

reminds me of the rolling stones! ^.^

funny you should mention the rolling stones avery, but i was thinking of the john lennon song 'all you need is love'. they were talking about it at church and it was one of those things that struck me when he was speaking because he was mentioning this and vaguely touching on the war and it just got me thinking about it on a micro and macro scale.

On a strictly macro scale there around 6 billion adults in this world. Most of these six billion people are married and many of them have found love.
    Having never been in love I'm not sure if I have the experience to say this, but I think everyone has a chance at true love at some point in their life - even if they don't know it when it happens.

not married love, but you are loved, Tsendo, whether you know it or not.

Love is so powerful, able to create as well as to destroy.
    How many stories did you read where, in the end, love was the key do defeat the enemy?
    This remember me the song "The power of love"

Today love is not as important as sex; because Sex is cool, love no.
    We must re-discover what real love is.