Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: acting juvenile at work

Default acting juvenile at work

So today... i really did not want to go to work. i wanted to stay home and play all day... but sadly i had to. so i drove to work with my teddy in the front seat. and acted a little more juvenile than usual at work. it really helped the day go by faster. so much fun

Be careful what you do at work with the economy in this state. The last thing you need is to give someone an excuse to let you go.

I'll agree that acting little makes a lot of situations more enjoyable. I tend to do this around some of my classmates back at school since I tend to get the material faster and with less effort than most people in my classes.

I was careful. What's nice is there is a girl that works there that is a good friend of mine and we were both acting "childish" tonight. My boss is pretty cool and didn't mind as long as we got our work done and did not act up in front of customers.

Besides this is actually my second job and i only work 1 or 2 days a week there. I enjoy the extra income, but i could do without it if worst came to worst. But i was not misbehaving that badly. I was just acting about like i normally do there. Just with a different mindset in my head that only i knew about.

Thank you for t concern and i agree it may not be appropriate to do at most workplaces.
    So to everyone else out there, don't do this at work unless you can get away with it.

Well as long as you aren't overt about it and it sounds like you aren't it should be pretty good i mean im sure plently of non-abs have behaved that was as well its just about enjoying work and if you have a decent boss and get your work done there should never be a problem :P

Does being a downright ungrateful, sullen and non-productive employee count as being childish? :P

Quote Originally Posted by onecho View Post
    Does being a downright ungrateful, sullen and non-productive employee count as being childish? :P
    No, that is definitively an adult attribute. And one that too many adults have.

Quote Originally Posted by ABalex View Post
    No, that is definitively an adult attribute. And one that too many adults have.
    True, true. I guess I confused "acting childish" with actually being a kid.

In that case, yes. I have a stuffed Mickey Mouse on my desk in my cubicle. Luckily, I work with some very nice individuals and none of them have made an issue of it. It makes me smile every time I see him.

Also, I lower my chair way down; not because I'm tall, but it makes me feel small. They haven't picked up on that yet, thankfully.

Quote Originally Posted by onecho View Post
    Also, I lower my chair way down; not because I'm tall, but it makes me feel small. They haven't picked up on that yet, thankfully.
    I wish that they made chairs and desks much larger so that you can still feel small and have the chair as high as it goes. that is so nice because being so high means your feed dangle. nothing makes me feel smaller than sitting in a chair where my feet don't touch the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by coboy View Post
    I wish that they made chairs and desks much larger so that you can still feel small and have the chair as high as it goes. that is so nice because being so high means your feed dangle. nothing makes me feel smaller than sitting in a chair where my feet don't touch the floor.
    True, but I'm a sloucher, making high perches dangerous to my health.

Quote Originally Posted by coboy View Post
    My feet almost never touch the floor completely, normally. -_-