Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: high spec games

Default high spec games

I want to see what my new pc can really do, but I've been playing happily on my console for years.. so I really don't know what's out there and any good. So apart from Crysis obviously what other games can really bring a system to it's knees?

BF:Bad Company 2
    Batman: Arkham Asylum
    Just Cause 2 (which is really well optimized for PC's honestly)

All 3 are awesome AAA games. I recommend Just Cause 2 or Bad company 2 more however.

Anyways, what are your system specs?

Yeah I played BC2, cracking game. I'm really looking forward to 3. Just Cause 2 could be a good tip, never played it on console either and I like open world games. It's not brand new, so it should be cheap. Does it have dx11?

My specs are:
    3,2 ghz Xeon six core
    24 gb RAM
    GTX 570 with 1,2gb

It's not built as gaming rig, but it's pretty hardcore and I want to see what it's capable of. Uptil now I haven't even been able to make it stutter.
    It doesn't even have to be a good game really as long as it cranks out a lot of pretty effects, haha.

Not built as a gaming rig? That's like the jesus of PC's! Anyways, I believe GTA:IV and the expansions that go with are quite punishing. Also, if you just want to watch it crank out the eye candy, try a few graphic benchmarking programs like FurMark and 3DMark11. I can't get my PC to even go above about 6fps on FurMark, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by LoFiCopter View Post
    Yeah I played BC2, cracking game. I'm really looking forward to 3. Just Cause 2 could be a good tip, never played it on console either and I like open world games. It's not brand new, so it should be cheap. Does it have dx11?
    it is DX10 only I think. I had to upgrade my OS for it from XP to win 7.

I recommend if you try Just Cause 2. All you really need is a powerful graphics card. Since I got a crappy processor. But I can run the game at high settings with just a HD 5850 at around 55FPS on average.

And if you are a steam user. I would recommend waiting to buy games anytime soon. Since if they do a summer sale again. Then you just have to wait 3 more weeks for it.

Mass Effect 2 will probably be the most trying.

Quote Originally Posted by PrettyFox View Post
    Mass Effect 2 will probably be the most trying.
    LOL....No. Bad Company 2 is more trying then it. Crysis/Crysis 2, metro 2033, shattered horizon are the 3 games people "test" their computers with now. Not that they are honestly anything great ion terms of gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    LOL....No. Bad Company 2 is more trying then it. Crysis/Crysis 2, metro 2033, shattered horizon are the 3 games people "test" their computers with now. Not that they are honestly anything great ion terms of gameplay.
    I wouldn't say so. I run Bad Company 2 on the highest graphics settings with no problems whatsoever but I still can't effectively run Mass Effect 2. BC2 is fine for the Graphics, but if he wants to test his processor as well he needs a single player RPG because they run at much higher memories.