Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: The prejudice I have seen and experienced within the gay community (?)

  1. #1

    Default The prejudice I have seen and experienced within the gay community (?)

    Well this is a topic that has troubled me especially lately I didn't notice any other threads on this but I'm probably wrong so anyway let me know if there is ^^.

    One issue I have had on Diaper related gay sites and in the gay male community myself is discrimination against many different groups is the hatred and disliking of anyone who is bi/gender indifferent/pan or what ever thing you want to use for that. I have had many arguments over this with people and I'm sort or sick of people telling me I'm just indecisive :P because I really don't care about people's plumbing.

    One setting I put forward to some people was if a gay male was dating a bi similar orientation guy and that person cheated with them with another male they where upset but if they cheated with them with a girl from what I experienced most guys have said that's 10 times worse. This is just one scenario.
    I just think its stupid for a group fighting for right and acceptance to be so discriminatory, I do understand that the world doesn't function as a utpoia either but argh i dunno opinions ?

  2. #2

    Default

    Just goes to show that there is prejudice everywhere - a feature of being human, I guess. Prejudging is convenient, so we all do it to a degree.

    Many people have a tendency to project their own experiences on others. Some heterosexuals can't understand how someone can be homosexual, some homosexuals can't understand how someone can be bisexuality/pansexuality and a lot of people can't understand how someone can be asexual. It's always much easier to understand things that are within your own experience.


    Sent from my iPhone

  3. #3

    Default

    not to come off as a dick but i dont like bi guys.nothing wrong with it,to each there own but i used to messaround with a guy and one night wer out partying and 9 hours later he gives me the cold sholder in a gas station because he was with one of his 3 gfs.realy pissed me off. like near sed tho,its human nature to a degree to be biased and make it us vs them or right vs wrong or however you see it.acceptance is bs tho.homophobia is the last acceptable prejustice .raceisem is out,cant beat ur wife,no longer pc to dump on jewish/black/latin/asian/woman/handicapped/felon/minority but can still hate on "those f***ing fag types". just my 3cents on the topic

  4. #4

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by sdogg View Post
    but i used to messaround with a guy and one night wer out partying and 9 hours later he gives me the cold sholder in a gas station because he was with one of his 3 gfs.realy pissed me off.
    I get why that can be insulting but it can go both ways just because one group does it doesn't justify it, and yes humans can be biased but then if we can realise this in having self awareness we can correct it in ourselves easily.

    Also without being rude that was a little hard to read you might want to work on your grammar spelling a tad while posting ><.

  5. #5

    Default

    sorry abt that,have been up sence noon yesterday,but hell my gramer blows regardless of time of day,il work on it tho

  6. #6
    acorn

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by sdogg View Post
    With one question I’d suggest that you are well on the way to being what the OP is talking about. We all, are in part the product of our experiences. Seeing as how you were pissed around by a Bi and ultimately hurt. What will be the lightly outcome (your reaction) when the next guy that shows an interest in you suddenly reveals he is Bi ?

    In my opinion: It is everyone’s right to try to find happiness with a partner in life. You can use any skewed selection process whatsoever as, for whomever you choose it is you who will have to try live with them.

  7. #7

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by sdogg View Post
    not to come off as a dick but i dont like bi guys.nothing wrong with it,to each there own but i used to messaround with a guy and one night wer out partying and 9 hours later he gives me the cold sholder in a gas station because he was with one of his 3 gfs.
    Honey, that's not "a bisexual", that's "a cheating asshat".

  8. #8

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by acorn View Post
    In my opinion: It is everyone’s right to try to find happiness with a partner in life. You can use any skewed selection process whatsoever as, for whomever you choose it is you who will have to try live with them.
    ... Even if it involves shitting on someone else, as sdogg described? Hardly a fair and balanced opinion, that.



    Seeing as how you were pissed around by a Bi and ultimately hurt. What will be the lightly outcome (your reaction) when the next guy that shows an interest in you suddenly reveals he is Bi ?
    ... You say this like he would be wrong to do this...? Haven't you heard the saying "Once bitten, twice shy"...?

    I, too, have had multiple dealings with Bisexual guys... Six to be exact... And although I experienced the same thing as sdogg only once or twice, I'd like to add that I've since learnt all but one of them are gay.

    Everyone's individual experiences shapes their opinions, thus mine has shaped my opinion that the majority of "bisexuals" are simply genuinely undecided or too closeted to admit to being gay.

    I agree with you in a sense acorn, sure... Do what you must to find happiness etc etc... But to blow hot and cold, lead someone along, build them up just to let them down... is unacceptable. Especially when you find that they're off with the opposite sex. That DOES hurt more, and I think many heterosexuals would say the same if their partner suddenly announced they were gay.

  9. #9

    Default

    As a Gay guy, I find on forums and in your local Gaybar that there is always one Village Idiot...

    Again its just like everywhere, there always a stuckup self rightious guy somewhere.

    Ignore them, and remember on forums theirs normally a lot of trolls.

  10. #10
    acorn

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by DanDanSuperman View Post
    I pray to God, that interweb browsers should have built in as standard English to English translation, sometime soon. It might help meanwhile, if you would tell us what your native language is.

    What I’ve offered here is that it is acceptable that sdogg use any selection criteria he so desires. If like a lot of gay men who have gone before, he should choose to see Bi’s as more trouble than they are worth (as in they carry too much baggage), that is his right.

    It is also my contention that a lot of relationships do not work because people are too soft with their initial selection criteria, ie; if my leaving the loo seat up gets on your wick, you might tell me to sling my hook rather than try tie the knot. A deal breaker is a deal breaker, are we with me?

Similar Threads

  1. Experienced ab/dl therapist nyc
    By cookiepuss in forum Mature Topics
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 25-Mar-2011, 05:29
  2. Hi, I'm new to the site, but experienced since birth.
    By Tamilynn in forum Greetings / Introductions
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 23-Mar-2011, 18:38
  3. Prejudice: met any?
    By Raccoon in forum Mature Topics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-Dec-2009, 05:00
  4. Prejudice against Christians
    By Kovy in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 03-May-2009, 15:36

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.