Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: If you could time travel...

Default If you could time travel...

... with Doc Brown in his Delorean car... what year would you want to go? And if you want, explain the reason.

For some reason, I want to go to 1969... height of the hippie era and want to see what it was all about and having some groovy fun!

I recently watched all 3 Back to the Future movies and I came up with this idea. lol

EmLamby

Hrrm... Any year where I'm unrecognizable to other people, so I can go buy TB stuff! Lol, I had to. XD

Catperson

I would probably justgo back 5 minutes or so, whenever i made any kind of a slip-up. You know what they say, changing the past can drastically harm the future... but it would be nice to have infinite chances to do anything

IŽd never really want to travel back in time.
    The future seems to be much more interesting (year 4782 sounds nice :-D)

Butterfly Mage

If I could travel in time, I would carry out two assassinations: one against Adolph Hitler and one against Joseph Stalin
    I'd kill both on their 18th birthdays. By eliminating these two people, it would have saved 30 million+ people from getting murdered.

Time travel wish #2: To interview Jesus one-on-one. After all, none of the four Gospel writers actually knew Jesus and the Council of Nicea tossed out the Gospels of Peter and Mary (who actually did know him).

Time travel wish #3: I'd love to convince the Founding Fathers to outlaw slavery from the get-go. Again, this would save millions of lives.

If I could travel in time, I would carry out two assassinations: one against Adolph Hitler and one against Joseph Stalin
    I'd kill both on their 18th birthdays. By eliminating these two people, it would have saved 30 million+ people from getting murdered.
    If only it were that simple. 2 individuals didn't kill 30 million (it was more if you add them up, btw) while the rest of the world looked the other way.

Me, I wouldn't reach for lofty goals. I'd stock up on automatic weaponry and embark on a campaign of robbery and extortion and try to get my own tropical island out of it in the end. :P
    I play too many videogames :S

i have a number of them
    Rome during the life of Julius ceaser
    the life of Genghis khan
    and japan in the middle ages

Quote Originally Posted by LoFiCopter View Post
    If only it were that simple. 2 individuals didn't kill 30 million (it was more if you add them up, btw) while the rest of the world looked the other way.

Me, I wouldn't reach for lofty goals. I'd stock up on automatic weaponry and embark on a campaign of robbery and extortion and try to get my own tropical island out of it in the end. :P
    I play too many videogames :S
    Not directly, but it's certainly arguable that they were the catalysts of those mass murders, and without them those horrible events would not have happened.

I would add one assassination to that list-Ronald Reagan. I would go back to 1981 and make sure that the bullet that Brady shot into Reagan's shoulder turned out to be fatal. H.W. was quite a bit saner than was Reagan, and the record suggests we would not have embarked on the fantasy of Reaganomics, wouldn't have started what became Al Quieda, wouldn't have ignored the AIDS crisis, and would not have backtracked on the civil rights progress we had started to make in the '60s and '70s. Margaret Thatcher would have been way less influential, as well, since she mostly was propped up by her crazy American counterpart. Ultimately, I think the entire world would be better off today had Ronald Reagan been assassinated in 1981.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It wasn't Brady who shot Reagan, Brady was shot in the head, but lived. John Hinckley Jr shot Reagan. Anyways, I have never thought about time travel, but now that it's in my head, I think I would like to go back to 1962. Don't know why, just seems like a peaceful time, the calm before the storm. Maybe I could save Kennedy from being assassinated, stop Vietnam from happening. One can wish...