Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: E3

Lightbulb E3

Because it's better than making tons of new threads for each game you're excited about. >_>

Anyway, I'll just start by saying that I really don't get why people are mad at Nintendo or at least say they totally ****ed up. They announced a load of great stuff, such as Wii Sports Resort with the Wii MotionPlus, Wii Music, Animal Crossing: City Folk with WiiSpeak, Grand Theft Auto for DS, Spore Creatures, Pokémon Rangers (even though most people don't care about it)... There's also MadWorld that they didn't mention, which is gonna be awesome, and WiiWare games like LIT which I can't wait to hear about. Not to mention the Mario and Zelda teams ARE working on new games.

Microsoft announced a load of interesting stuff, but most of it didn't even involve games, and they ripped off Miis with their Avatars, and the Eye Toy with You're In The Movies. Still, most of what they showed seemed interesting, especially Fallout 3 and Resident Evil 5 (I really find Gears of War 2 too similar to the first one, from what they showed). And Final Fantasy XIII was a nice surprise, although the fact that it's a port means the frame rate and graphics might be lower than the PS3's version.

I didn't really watch Sony's conference, because the guy started talking about their history, sales and such, and I found it boring. The only game which intrigued me is flower, Resistance 2 just looks weird. Then again, I don't especially like science fiction stuff and First Person Shooters. Using Little Big Planet to show their stats was neat, though.

Overall, I really don't see why anyone would be disappointed at any company. Just because you want a new Zelda or Halo doesn't mean you can't take a break so they actually put some effort in those games. You can't ask someone to launch a game every two years so easily, and leaving them enough time to work on them and polish them is a lot better than whining and complaining about it.

Anyway, talk about E3 goes here.

Yeah I thought there was some good stuff, I was watching the Nintendo conferance and saw a new Call of Duty and Wii Music looks good, but over all I thought it was boring because in all three confances they were talking about the sales of their products and I don't think anyone cares about that except the reporters. All I care about is that the company continues with good sequals to good game titles and takes changes and gives us good new titles.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSunDS View Post
    Because it's better than making tons of new threads for each game you're excited about. >_>

Anyway, I'll just start by saying that I really don't get why people are mad at Nintendo or at least say they totally ****ed up. They announced a load of great stuff, such as Wii Sports Resort with the Wii MotionPlus, Wii Music, Animal Crossing: City Folk with WiiSpeak, Grand Theft Auto for DS, Spore Creatures, Pokémon Rangers (even though most people don't care about it)... There's also MadWorld that they didn't mention, which is gonna be awesome, and WiiWare games like LIT which I can't wait to hear about. Not to mention the Mario and Zelda teams ARE working on new games.

Microsoft announced a load of interesting stuff, but most of it didn't even involve games, and they ripped off Miis with their Avatars, and the Eye Toy with You're In The Movies. Still, most of what they showed seemed interesting, especially Fallout 3 and Resident Evil 5 (I really find Gears of War 2 too similar to the first one, from what they showed). And Final Fantasy XIII was a nice surprise, although the fact that it's a port means the frame rate and graphics might be lower than the PS3's version.

I didn't really watch Sony's conference, because the guy started talking about their history, sales and such, and I found it boring. The only game which intrigued me is flower, Resistance 2 just looks weird. Then again, I don't especially like science fiction stuff and First Person Shooters. Using Little Big Planet to show their stats was neat, though.

Overall, I really don't see why anyone would be disappointed at any company. Just because you want a new Zelda or Halo doesn't mean you can't take a break so they actually put some effort in those games. You can't ask someone to launch a game every two years so easily, and leaving them enough time to work on them and polish them is a lot better than whining and complaining about it.

Anyway, talk about E3 goes here.
    Well I don't want spore for the DS. The PC is going to have the best version of it anyway. I don't mind Wii speak but Brawl and Mario Kart doesn't have it anyway. The drum section of Wii Music looked INSANELY dumb they could just have it rip off rock band but with Mii's with Nintendo music. Wii Resort looks fun and I don't mind the Motion Plus as long as company's start adding in game support for it.

I might consider animal crossing finally since really there's nothing that exciting on the Wii this year. So I am just going to wait for Fallout 3 on the PC. I still need to get Mass Effect and CoD4 as well.

Also even if the mario and zelda teams are working on new games does not mean we will have them by years end. It takes them years to finish those games.

Well, I got to see one thing that excited me from Nintendo, Animal Crossing. I remember looking at the game the first time and laughing at how it looked stupid. Then I played it and got addicted for a few months. But actually, I completely forgot about E3. Not that it matters much, I don't really have much money for games and stuff, but I am going to make sure I get Animal Crossing when it comes out. Also, I got bored and watched the Nintendo portion later and didn't see how it was considered horrible, Wii Music seems like it would be fun to mess with. The Sports Resort though doesn't intrigue me much though, just more non needed minigames it seems... But Spore on the DS, seems fun, I'll see if I can get that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    Well I don't want spore for the DS. The PC is going to have the best version of it anyway. I don't mind Wii speak but Brawl and Mario Kart doesn't have it anyway. The drum section of Wii Music looked INSANELY dumb they could just have it rip off rock band but with Mii's with Nintendo music. Wii Resort looks fun and I don't mind the Motion Plus as long as company's start adding in game support for it.
    I'm not looking forward to Spore Creatures either, it simply looks like the creature creator with worse graphics. As for WiiSpeak, I wouldn't be surprised if they used it for future games. Talking while playing Mario Kart Wii or Brawl would be kinda distracting anyway in my opinion, and not everyone will have WiiSpeak, which would make the games confusing, as opposed to Animal Crossing where you can either chat with a USB keyboard (or an on-screen one, hopefully) or speak. Ripping off games is even dumber, in my opinion, it proves that the company is too weak to innovate. I don't know how Wii Music will be like, but the fact that you only have to "pretend" to play music sure sounds weird... I guess I'll just wait for reviews. But personally, I think adding another drum controller would be silly, considering that there are about 60 instruments in the game in total. Using the Balance Board and the Wii + Nunchuk is enough in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    Also even if the mario and zelda teams are working on new games does not mean we will have them by years end. It takes them years to finish those games.
    That's why they're good. Because they are polished and because a lot of effort is put into their development. Be a little more patient and I'm sure it'll be worth the wait.

I find it weird how people always complain about Nintendo not making new franchises, but now everyone whines about how there's no new Mario or Zelda.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyph View Post
    Well, I got to see one thing that excited me from Nintendo, Animal Crossing. I remember looking at the game the first time and laughing at how it looked stupid. Then I played it and got addicted for a few months. But actually, I completely forgot about E3. Not that it matters much, I don't really have much money for games and stuff, but I am going to make sure I get Animal Crossing when it comes out.
    I first heard about it from my brother (who I remember made me discover Zelda too), and when I looked it up, I saw a picture of it, and I was like "Why the **** are there animals?".

But I guess I trusted him, got it for Christmas about at the same time as my DS and got addicted for a while. :P

I was excited to see AC for the Wii, even though we no longer have one. I thought it wouldn't be released till 2009.

In Wii music it looked like they were hitting random notes and there was really no way to play a real song at all. That is my only problem with it.

----------------
    Now playing: Death Cab for Cutie - I Will Possess Your Heart
    via FoxyTunes

I only watched the nintendo Presentation. The first half was relatively boring. Bring up graphs going, Look the Wii and DS totally PWN! But they did introduce a few software titles, I was interested in GTA, but it seems they just said that the GTA is coming to the DS and never said anything beyond that. So Far, I consider it next to vapourware with no evidence.

I was hoping they would improve the sensors on the Wii mote, but they say it won't be out for another Year! So wait till next E3 for anymore information on its release and other compatible games. But by the look of things, It still hasn't resolved the lag issue that irritates me so much. Its the 50 or 100ms delay for the controller to work out where it is pointing. I think its something to do with the processing the controler does to track the 4 LEDs in the 'sensor' bar. Or it could be me or the way my friend has set up his console. Aswell that of in the confernce (If you look closely, I sware it lags! Or it could be the stupid stream I was using)

Although when the wiimote was first annouced, I though ti was really really cool, however, after playing it myself. There really isn't any appealing titles out there for me on the Wii. And Still have yet to see that. Which this press conferenced failed to deleiver.

The only game I am interested is GTA for the DS. But I still doubte I will buy it, the last game i bought was Mario Kart. A few months after its release. And thats, like years ago. I still get mocked for my Phat DS too. But its awesome, why bitch about it? Its the Japanese version too :wink: Thank goodness for region free :P. With Firmware Version 3.

As for Wii music, I cringed at the drum player. He kept playing this noise, I thought all of the instruments was noise actually :P. How the drum player kept stopping expecting an applause or something. Then kept playing as if he had something else to play. The little group of 6 playing Super Mario Theme was cool. But It started to break up halfway through and turned into noise really. I game, you will never catch me playing :P.

But I think this is Nintendo's E3 confrences that are or the bottom of the pile. But not that bad. Not as bad as the Ps3 thinking they own the world or something in 2006. "RRRRIIIIIDDDGGGEEE RACER!"

If you want to see something worse than the worst E3 Press Conference this year, check out Capcom's. I uploaded it on YouTube.

Probably totally unrelated, but the game I really can't wait for is Diablo 3. God it looks amazing, its an RPG.