Thread: The pleasures of seasonal food

Default The pleasures of seasonal food

It's late spring and there's fresh local asparagus in the shops - a thing I admit to being partial to (steamed, then wrapped in streaky bacon and put under the grill - yummm).

However, as most people know, asparagus has an... interesting ... effect on what comes out of your bladder: it has a very distinctive scent. Anyone had to deal with a nappy full of asparagus-scented wee?

Hugs

Artie

crazykittensmile

I have A while ago I ate asparagus for dinner and without thinking padded up that evening. The result was not at all pleasurable - the smell was very strong and I ended up changing after just one wetting even though I was in a premium diaper which could have held much more. I would not wear after eating asparagus again, although on a couple of occasions since I have been planning on getting padded later in the evening and, without thinking, eaten asparagus for dinner only for it to later dawn on me that that ruined my plans to wear. But I do love asparagus, it is one of my favourite vegetables and although the resulting scent is a undesirable it is worth the yummy taste

I have never had to do that, but in Scotland asparagus came into season about a month ago, and I love love love it! Especially with hard boiled eggs and ham and melted butter on top! Nom nom nom!

Spearmint

Quote Originally Posted by Talula View Post
    I have never had to do that, but in Scotland asparagus came into season about a month ago, and I love love love it! Especially with hard boiled eggs and ham and melted butter on top! Nom nom nom!
    That sounds AWESOME! I love fresh food, and with the ham and eggs that just sounds delicious!

Thankfully, I only get to wear about once a week so it's very unlikely that I will have asparagus pee while padded.

Quote Originally Posted by Talula View Post
    I have never had to do that, but in Scotland asparagus came into season about a month ago, and I love love love it! Especially with hard boiled eggs and ham and melted butter on top!
    Sounds very tasty. Have you tried it with hollandaise sauce?

Artie

Nope, hollaindaise sauce makes me feel sick!

After talking about this yesterday we ended up going out and getting some for a started for dinner last night! haha!

Fresh strawberries in Norway are awesome. With a cooler climate, they stay on the vine a little longer before ripening and it makes them as sweet as candy. They are especially good when dipped in Nugatti, which is the Norwegian version of Nutella and is a little creamier.