Thread: Cute as a button.

Default Cute as a button.

*warning, my first thread starter*

I've been reading lately in some of the other forums that some of the TB crowd thinks older AB's are creepy and look down upon us. I also have been reading that some may be having feelings of disgust towards themselves at the same time.

Well I just wanted to say I feel cute as a button when I'm all padded up. You should feel the same way too!

Also, I think anyone who frequents this website shouldn't be too judgemental about others who are here for roughly the same reasons. Likewise if folks are having feelings of disgust personally, they shouldn't try to project it towards others.

I haven't been a member here for very long, but I think this is a place for understanding and acceptance.

... And you'd be right! That's exactly what this is place is, and the World is better for it! We're not that often judgemental - by-and-large we understand that we're all in the same boat regarding this.

But as with anything, anywhere, personalities clash and words and their meanings are misunderstood or misinterpreted. It's as easy - if not easier - to do online than it is in person!

I shall second your "Cute as a button" sentiments, as I feel absolutely the same when padded and snuggled into my teddy.

Hear hear!

Dan x

I think ADISC is a very accepting site for TBs as well as ABs of all ages. Even when it was TBDL, older members like myself (55 when joining up in 2005) were still welcomed - even though there were only a handful of over 30 members back then. As long as you were "up front" as to who and what you were, and there were no bad motives behind your wanting to be a part of the community, you were accepted. I remember feeling very welcome after posting my first introduction and receiving several nice replies from other members, most of whom were young enough to be my own children.

As far as older creepy ABs goes, the staff here has always prided themselves for consistently keeping the creeps out, so there has rarely been a problem in that area. I know there's many older people in the AB community, like your and myself, who are anything but creepy. It's the ones who inhabit creepy sites, like to be exhibitionists with uncomplimentary photos of themselves, and who occasionally even make the media in a negative way, who do all us decent, older ABs an injustice by their actions. I came to TBDL, and again to ADISC, because this site represents the decent side of *B-ism and does not tolerate creeps! It also doesn't tolerate anyone putting down other members just because of age differences or similar reasons.

~Pramrider
    Last edited by Pramrider; 03-Jun-2011 at 03:37.

How can anyone judge and say that older AB's are creepy? You feel what you feel, regardless of age. There really are some immature people on this site sometimes. And an AB passing on advice to a TB doesn't mean we are looking down on them, just means that we have the experience to know better and in the future they will be AB's aswell and maybe they'll understand where we're coming from.

Sorry but hearing that people are basically sl*gging eachother off on a site such as this really makes me angry. This is a SUPPORT site, we are all in this together!

EmLamby

I don't think that about anyone else... I think I'M gonna be a creepy AB. But that's just soul-melting heart-wrenching self-conscious <3 *twitch*

Quote Originally Posted by Littleabgirl View Post
    How can anyone judge and say that older AB's are creepy? You feel what you feel, regardless of age. There really are some immature people on this site sometimes. And an AB passing on advice to a TB doesn't mean we are looking down on them, just means that we have the experience to know better and in the future they will be AB's aswell and maybe they'll understand where we're coming from.

Sorry but hearing that people are basically sl*gging eachother off on a site such as this really makes me angry. This is a SUPPORT site, we are all in this together!
    I agree whit you.

I think they are just jealous we look better in diapers then them. And we can buy as many as we want, wear when we want, and MEET other AB's whenever we want!!!!

He who has the diapers has the power, and I know for a fact us ABies have more diapers muahahahahahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by tb123jeff View Post
    I think they are just jealous we look better in diapers then them. And we can buy as many as we want, wear when we want, and MEET other AB's whenever we want!!!!

He who has the diapers has the power, and I know for a fact us ABies have more diapers muahahahahahaha.
    I have lots of diapers. And yes diaper power.

BabyJayk

I personally don't think it matters whether other people think you're "creepy". What do YOU think about yourself? The only importance that others opinions hold it the importance you give them. The only opinions that matter to me are those of my significant other and myself. So do what makes you comfortable and don't care what the world thinks!

Quote Originally Posted by Ivee View Post
    *warning, my first thread starter*

I've been reading lately in some of the other forums that some of the TB crowd thinks older AB's are creepy and look down upon us. I also have been reading that some may be having feelings of disgust towards themselves at the same time.

Well I just wanted to say I feel cute as a button when I'm all padded up. You should feel the same way too!

Also, I think anyone who frequents this website shouldn't be too judgemental about others who are here for roughly the same reasons. Likewise if folks are having feelings of disgust personally, they shouldn't try to project it towards others.

I haven't been a member here for very long, but I think this is a place for understanding and acceptance.
    What, you mean some teenagers are snotty little sods who slag off other people to make themselves feel big? Shurely not