Thread: Medication and Regression

Default Medication and Regression

Anything that goes into our bodies will trigger some sort of reaction. This is especially true for pharmaceuticals, legal or otherwise.

For some reason which I would love to find out before I die, something in our brains fixates on the feelings associated with childhood and the epitome and ultimate symbolism of that in it's most basic form is wearing diapers.

I'm bipolar and I used to take various medications for it. It's something I needed to take at that point in my life to survive and fortunately I'm no longer as negatively affected by it anymore.

From what I gather from other people affected by a mood disorder is their main complaint is they feel different in the sense that they have lost touch with who they are and the associated disruption of feelings and thought as a result of taking medication.

Being a DL is part of who I am, as much as my favourite food or movie or song is a part of me and I found being on medication altered the usual instant gratification I get from doing these favourite things. I found that during the two years I took medication I found my binges and purges of buying diapers were almost parallel to each other in the sense that as soon as I got diapers I was already thinking about getting rid of them. The binges were very shallow, and the purges were very profound. I still got satisfaction from them, but the satisfaction was so short lived that it didn't make sense buying diapers and wearing one or two and then throwing the rest out. I wish I wore more often back then as I was trying to figure out who I was and where I belonged in the world, and I still hadn't accepted myself for being DL. I don't have any regret about taking medication, it saved my life. Perhaps I may have accepted myself sooner and indulged more if I didn't.

I also fit into Pull-Ups back then...sigh.

Has anybody taken any medication, or is currently on medication specifically mood altering/stabilising that changed their perspectives and feelings about wearing diapers and acting childish? Perhaps any medication in general?

The reason why I ask is that people who are sick try to cure themselves, it's part of how we are wired as humans. Being mentally sick is very difficult to cure on your own, and really the only way to do that is to go into the mental health field. I took a few courses on Psych in University and would someday love to finish my degree. I think finding out what makes ABDLs ABDLs is important to a lot, if not most, of people here too and I would love to get some responses on the subject.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I am bipolar, ans I understand very well what you are talking about, I take Lamictal to cure my mood disorder and I'm quite good now. I don't think I would try to stop this medication i ve been taking for 10 years now. My diaper fetish has nothing to do with it except that I have, as a bipolar an addict personality: sex, games, and drugs(no more, too dangerous for me, i'm crazy enough!) well I should say that when you're down, you can still know that you will be great once again some day... I used to stay in a psychatric hospital for 1 year, and I thought I would never be able to wake up from this nightmare... But here I am! I have a 3 yo kid, a beautiful wife, and a good job! Life goes on...

---------- Post added at 15:41 ---------- Previous post was at 15:36 ----------

Au fait, tu parles français? Si c'est le cas j'aimerais en parler en français, plus facile pour moi... Je pense qu'on pourrait discuter de choses intéressantes... À bientôt. JB.

[/COLOR]Au fait, tu parles français? Si c'est le cas j'aimerais en parler en français, plus facile pour moi... Je pense qu'on pourrait discuter de choses intéressantes... À bientôt. JB.
    Bien sûre! Je serais pas un vrais québécois si je parlais pas en français... Malheureusement des fois je trompe avec des verbes et savoir c'est quoi qui est masculin ou féminin....Soit patient avec moi svp lol!

Moi aussi j'ai pris lamictal, ça fonctionnait très bien, mais par compte je trouvais après deux ans en prendre que ma vie était correct et je buvais moins et prenait moins de drogues. Mon psychiatre avait dit éventuellement que je pouvais arrêter de prendre mes médicaments en prendre ci toute allait bien, et je trouvais que au niveau de mes émotions jetais stable pi généralement heureux et content avec moi même.

Comparer au antidépresseur que j'ai pris avant, lamictal était super. Le seule affaire que je trouvais négatif c'est que je fessais des bizarre de rêves et des cauchemar régulièrement donc ils mont prescrit une somnifère. L'Antidépresseur avec ses effets négatives au niveau du sexe était épouvantablement frustrant. Avant qu'ils on me diagnostiquer, je prenait ça pi je pense ça a pousser les cycles de mon bipolarité plus rapides.

Avec mes désirs pour les couches, l'antidépresseur a empêcher la satisfaction sexuelle, mais la pouvoir de mes désirs était encore la. Les drogues illégal que je prenait en même temps était l'affaire plus important que d'autre choses dans ma vie a ce point la. Malheureusement jetais accro de sentir quelque chose d'autre que la dépression, même si je fessais mal a mon esprit et corps.

Lamictal a m'amener a un point que je pouvais me contrôler, vivais, et me pousser a prendre des pâtes sur le bon chemin... Ça ma sauver la vie...bin, trouver une bonne psychiatre qui demande les bonnes questions et donner le correct prescrit aide énormément aussi!!

Je comprend exactement quand vous parles d'être accro des choses. C'est l'obsession avec n'importe quoi qu'on peux être geler avec, sois drogues ou l'alcool, sexe ou musique. C'est vraiment trop intense, moi jetait rendu en l'hôpital, mais juste pour une nuit. Je peux même pas comprendre comment ça serais difficile et long d'être admit pendant une an.

Envoi moi un message si tu veux. Ceux ci c'est des sujets qui m'intéresse beaucoup pi j'aime ça parler avec des francophones!

-pldc

Tu prends toujours du lamictal? Sinon y a le lithium qui marche mieux parait-il. Moi je ne le tolere pas... C'est dur d'etre bipolaire, mais il y a des moments fantastiques auxquels on peut se raccrocher. Surtout il faut dormir dans les phases up, et la depression ben il faut prendre son mal en patience... Ça fait longtemps qu'on t'a diagnostiqué bipolaire? En tout cas les couches n'ont aucun rapport avec ça. En ce qui me concerne j'ai des périodes ou j'ai besoin de sexe tout le temps puis plus du tout, c'est dur à gerer pour ma femme, un jour je suis à fond, heureux, tout est beau, le lendemain rien ne va , la vie n'a plus d'interet, les couches me degoutent... Meme le dessin ne m 'interesse pas. Tes cycles bipolaires sont court? Tu prends quoi comme antidepresseur? Anafranil?

crazykittensmile

Whilst I understand that when English is not your first language it may be preferable to communicate in another language please may I remind members that this is an English speaking forum. All posts need to be understandable by all members within the community, and as such need to be in English. If you wish to communicate with members in a language other than English then please take the conversation to a private message. When communicating on the public forums all members must write in English so that all members can understand what is written.

Quote Originally Posted by babyjess View Post
    Whilst I understand that when English is not your first language it may be preferable to communicate in another language please may I remind members that this is an English speaking forum. All posts need to be understandable by all members within the community, and as such need to be in English. If you wish to communicate with members in a language other than English then please take the conversation to a private message. When communicating on the public forums all members must write in English so that all members can understand what is written.
    That's why God made Google Translate!

I think that i can t send private messages, but anyway, pldc, are you ok now? So you don t take any medication now? Lithium, well it is dangerous if you are not serious about taking it well, same time each day. But i works really well it seems. But I can t take it cause my body don t fix it. Lamictal is good for me. In fact medications are good if it make you live better...

Quote Originally Posted by bebejibe View Post
    I think that i can t send private messages, but anyway, pldc, are you ok now? So you don t take any medication now? Lithium, well it is dangerous if you are not serious about taking it well, same time each day. But i works really well it seems. But I can t take it cause my body don t fix it. Lamictal is good for me. In fact medications are good if it make you live better...
    I don't take anymore, no...I'm glad I don't, I had a hard time sleeping on lamictal. I don't need it. Sometimes I have bad episodes like everybody else but they don't last as long as they used to and aren't as serious. I have a loving girlfriend and she is pretty understanding about everything.