Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wall-E offensive?! (link with wall o' text)

Default Wall-E offensive?! (link with wall o' text)

WALL-E's 'fattist' satire angers fat pride groups - Telegraph

Wow...just....wow, I'm honestly speechless.

This kids, is why I have lost faith in humanity.

Did they even see the movie? It was clear that pollution was the end of the world...And the people have evolved to being fat with poor bones from being treated so spoiledly by the robots...

i make no facepalms against this article, because the level of facepalmage required is physically impossible, as it would require one's palm to pass through ones' head, and any less of a facepalm would not be enough to highlight the stupidity of this article...

"All the obesity hysteria mongering assumes that there are correlations between fatness and illness. But if you include other variables like fitness and good nutrition and stress from living in a discriminatory society and lack of access to healthcare because fat people are not allowed to have health insurance, the correlation starts to look non existent. People want fat people to die because we should be punished for our lazy, stupid gluttony."

now aqm i the only one who sees the contradiction of terms here

oh gosh you know some people just like drama in their lives
    i havn't seen the movie but come on get over it!!!! its a PIXAR movie for crying out loud watch some stand up some day then you can see fat people jokes to make a fuss about

Tell me this...Do you REALLY wanna be squished in 3rd class seating on an airplane for 10 hours? You have 5 inches of leg room, and the seats are already as bad as they can get...

If I was a medical insurance agency, I would agree with not giving insurance to morbidly obese people because that almost guarantees more health problems than the average American.

Dude, if you are off your feet and don't need to do ANYTHING for yourself (including walk), you will get fat. If its for your whole life, its amazing any one was still alive on that ship in Wall-E.

I understand a child being taken away from his parents because the child is obese, because if your child really eats THAT much, and you can't control it, you aren't a very good parent. You are responsible for their health.

That article was ridiculous. Actually, I think most of those fat activist groups are excessive and ridiculous. If your fat either get over it, or do something about it. End of story, don't go wasting your time bitching because a Pixar movie made you sad.

Be careful, you might cry out lard.

I didn't even really hear anything about Wall-E in that article, anyhow, but I did hear about fat cheerleaders. (WTF?) Erm, did I ever mention I was fat? Yeah. I'm not grabbing my rolls and complaining about the movie. Damn fat activists, maybe if they put as much effort into getting around without a motorized scooter chair, as they do in bitching about this innocent movie, they'd lose a few chins.

Lol, the Telegraph again...

Well they barely mentioned Wall-E anyway...
    I don't understand how people can argue that being fat is more down to your genes than your lifestyle! That's so silly. Clearly the food you eat affects you significantly.
    I blame ready-meals, and fast food, and people being lazy!

Hopefully the situation will solve itself when we run out of oil, they'll be forced to cycle!

You know, being fat is proven to be unhealty. Fatism isn't like rascism or homophobia because it is possible to lose weight realistically, but it is not so easy to, say, go straight when you're gay. Not that homophobia is okay...

Quote Originally Posted by littlebabyprincess View Post
    oh gosh you know some people just like drama in their lives
    i havn't seen the movie but come on get over it!!!! its a PIXAR movie for crying out loud watch some stand up some day then you can see fat people jokes to make a fuss about
    Sort of like the guy from last comic standing who is also fat or in his case "fluffy". I loved the joke where he goes into a clothing store and the Korean lady goes "Oh, we are going work hard today!!"

As for the article people need to get off the cross and use the wood to make a bridge and get over it.