Thread: Lucid Dreaming

Default Lucid Dreaming

Ok, i saw two threads that mentioned lucid dreaming, but didn't say how to get them. I have been googling around and still come up with a few questions.

-Is Lucid Dreaming the same thing/simmilar as dream control?

-How do you lucid dream?

Lucid dreaming pretty much is dream control...One way that would kind of be it, would be thinking of something you want to dream about, and then seeing if you do dream about it...If you can, then that's a form of lucid dreaming...If you can control the dream, then that is also lucid dreaming...

Lucid dreaming is having full realisation that you are dreaming. Once you know you are dreaming you will be able to do anything you like in that dream.

You lucid dream by first being able to remember your dreams. Then there are a number of tactics you can use to induce lucidity. I.E. Look at a clock every hour. If you make this a habbit then you will also do it in your dream. Only the clock will seem different or strange in a dream, so that will tell you that you are dreaming.

I've had it only 2 times as far as I can remember, it's great!, but I'm still trying to find out how to trigger it, and I wonder if I will feel as relaxed as a 'normal' night, since I've had to think harder to get the dream right :-/

I have started keeping a dream journal as well. I never can remember dreams but since I have kept a journal I have remembered every dream.

Countdown

Jason,

Lucid dreaming is basically you controlling yourself in a dream. As for how to lucid dream, you should look it up on Wikipedia.

I've only had one lucid dream. I didn't even try to have one, it just came to me. I was in a fight with my dad and then the dream switched to my friend's wedding (which is odd, because my friend is 14 years old now, but she was an adult in the dream).

Happy lucid dreaming!

It happens to me quite a lot but only after I've woken up and then gone back to sleep, or at least that's the only time I remember it happening.

I don't know if that's a typical thing or it's just me but during that half awake/half asleep dozing stage before you drift back off I quite often start to daydream and then when I fall back to sleep properly, it's a lucid dream - I know it's a dream and I'm guiding it along so I can change things but it's a real dream and sort of effortless and automatic. They are really pretty cool and much more vivid than a typical idle daydream, actually had an interesting one this morning as it happens.

Another thing that happens to me quite often in the morning is dreaming that I've gotten up already and am doing all the normal, mundane morning things only for me to realise that I'm still asleep and then wake up later than I had wanted. It's like my mind is trying to trick my body into getting more sleep. Quite annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaiden View Post
    Another thing that happens to me quite often in the morning is dreaming that I've gotten up already and am doing all the normal, mundane morning things only for me to realise that I'm still asleep and then wake up later than I had wanted. It's like my mind is trying to trick my body into getting more sleep. Quite annoying.
    Haha i have done that before.