Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another One...

Default Another One...

Yesterday I got the news of one of my best friends sister had died of complications related to her suicide attempt. Allow me to back up however. She went to a local park about a week ago and wondered off from her friends after some jokes were exchanged. She proceeded to drink some brake fluid, though she called the police just after doing so. They found her and took her to the hospital. Long story short, they thought she would stabilize, however after a blood clot got the best of her she passed.

I am truely saddened by this. I been there before. I knew the feeling of depression and sadness that over comes someone and makes them want to take their own life. I just wish I could have reached out to her and talked to her, even though we were not that close.

This is the third suicide in 3 years that I have had to experience (2 uncles, now a friends' sister).

(sigh)...

its such a terrible thing to think about when you hear that someone you knew was so desperate to end their misery that they would take their own life. i teared up while reading your post, i can relate to this, my aunt comitted suicide a couple of years ago and i was very close with her. So i'll be there if you need help, we're all here for you.
    -braden

That's really ugly, sorry can't make it better. If someone really wants to go out, you can't really stop them, though
    I wish you all the best and hope that you and your friends are able to support and help each other in a time like this.

It really hurts to hear that it happened to anyone you know. There was one kid who I met for maybe 6 hours in my life, and when I heard he took his own life I was just stunned. I questioned if I could have done anything about it, if I could have seen it coming. It just hurt, A LOT.

I'm sorry for your loss and I hope you will be able to pull through it.

acorn

Not a lot you can say about those that are gone, at least nothing much thatís worthwhile. What you can know however is that, what your friends sister did may not have been a genuine suicide attempt. It has the hallmarks of a cry for help gone wrong. This is indicated primarily by the fact she raised the alarm herself. On the surface it might appear that the choice of poison is the problem but, this could not be further from the truth. Even simple over the counter vitamin tablets in large doses do the same irreversible damage. If she were to have survived she would certainly have had liver and kidney problems and possibly digestive issues as well. What very much needs to be gotten across here is, this is a domino effect that once started (the poison ingested), it cannot be stopped, regardless of how it is managed by medics.

If something positive were to come out of the misfortune of this family and others just like them, it would have to be in, what we learn from those events and how we apply this new found knowledge in future. It is futile for us to simply sit back and expect to see warning signs from those in trouble. All too very often, a potential suicide will appear happy near the end as they have already plotted a plan to end their pain. It is the small things in life that count, what we personally say and do, incidents we are a party to, or those choose to ignore. We could make time for and watch how we ourselves treat people around us including strangers. From there we may look for ways that we can have a positive input to the well-being of those around us that are vulnerable and possibly being marginalized.

My heartfelt sympathies to the family.

I'm sorry as well. I've lost people I know to suicide, and I tried a few times when I was in high school and college. There really was nothing you could do. This will all weigh heavy on her family who were making the jokes. The damage to this girl was done a long time ago over the many years that she lived with them. Hopefully she's in a better and happier place where there is no pain and suffering.

I'm very sorry to hear that. A suicide is a tough thing to get through...my coworker/neighbor/big brother kind of friend took his life this past January, and I still feel the sting everyday.

I too have been depressed before and known the feeling of wanting to take one's own life. It definitely doesn't make it any easier.

I hope that you can find comfort somehow.

Thank you all for your condolences. My community is still shocked over this tragedy, however this whole event has brought so many people closer together and for once the entire teenage community is in essence at peace with one another...they recognize others feelings and others worth to society. Though she is gone she is promoting immense change throughout the community

The sad irony in this event is that the brother of the girl who died was one of the people that almost drove me to take my life many years ago. It is ironic to see the balance switch completely around.

There is one question I would like to ask however. I recently found out (after she died) that this girl had a tumblr and posted her feelings to it quite frequently. I went through and read every post she made and to me it seems clear that through the posts made by her and the posts she reblogged, that the cries for help and the "warning signs" of trouble brewing are somewhat clear. In essence, the tumblr shines some light on the build up of events over the years that appear to lead up to the suicide.

My question is this... should I let her brother know that if he reads through her blog that he may get a clearer understanding of what was going on inside of her mind that may have caused her to take her life? Or is this one of those things that should be left to die with her?

I think that might be something that should probably be left to die with her.

The effects of her blog might be different on him than they are on you, and it might hurt him a lot to read through that.

Quote Originally Posted by diaperedteenager View Post
    Yesterday I got the news of one of my best friends sister had died of complications related to her suicide attempt. Allow me to back up however. She went to a local park about a week ago and wondered off from her friends after some jokes were exchanged. She proceeded to drink some brake fluid, though she called the police just after doing so. They found her and took her to the hospital. Long story short, they thought she would stabilize, however after a blood clot got the best of her she passed.

I am truely saddened by this. I been there before. I knew the feeling of depression and sadness that over comes someone and makes them want to take their own life. I just wish I could have reached out to her and talked to her, even though we were not that close.

This is the third suicide in 3 years that I have had to experience (2 uncles, now a friends' sister).

(sigh)...
    Im so sorry to hear that!
    I have only lost one bff/brother from another mother and that is by far the worst thing that has ever happend in my life. but loosing 3 friends and family members man that must suck(well I have also lost all my grandparents but that fellt more okay because they were old and have lived all their life so it was only natural!)

If you feel the need to talk, vent or whatever dont hesitate to pm me!